Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CBT.NHS. How long have people had to wait. Are they still waiting

Re: CBT.NHS. How long have people had to wait. Are they still waiting

I live in the south west , and when I phoned for an appointment on nhs they said its a years waiting list I added myself to this rather long list , but helped my self in the mean time , I had private councilling , a year went by and no one called me .... Good old nhs , I believe your health is the most important no matter what the cost ....

Zoe Xx

Decision was made last year, but a couple of trips to A&E later and I was rushed into a gap after a couple of weeks.

Only problem was I am still at work, tried to negotiate and was emotionally blackmailed about the waiting list into accepting something that makes going to work hard on specific day!

HI i was on the waiting list which i was told was 2 years. However during my wait i became alot worse, infact it was really bad! I spoke with my GP about how i couldnt function and how low my mood was, he put me as urgent and i was seen within the week. It might be because my daughter was a baby at the time aswell, and i wasnt coping.

8 weeks for the telephone consultation and another few weeks after that. So maybe 3 months in total?

I waited about 5 days the last time when I was referred via my doc. Now its a self referral process. Ive referred myself twice, and theyve not responded to either.

I live in Liverpool and have my first CBT appointment in two weeks, having been in the waiting list since October last year.

2 Years I saw up there? Crikey! You might have recovered by then by yourself!
    I had a consultation and she said I could manage ok on my own what with all the self help books and meditation I'd been doing and struck me off the list. Where I live I reckon they only help the ones who go in screaming or covered in bruises because there simply aren't enogh counsillors to go around. No wonder we have village witches.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

i was referred by my doctor and had my assessment about 5 days later then started cbt a week after that so a max of 2 weeks.. i had my 3rd session yesterday, really enjoying it.. im from Lincolnshire and the waiting list are not that long x

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information