Hi all,

I have always been reluctant to take medication for my panic attacks/anxiety because of the side effects.... I have a vomit phobia and all side effects seem to include nausea and vomitting!

Since i started with this when i was 11, iv tried councelling, CBT twice, hypnotherapy twice, just getting on with it myself.. and nothing has worked! Dont get me wrong, cbt and hypnotherapy helped to ease it alittle but i am still experiancing panic attacks daily and they are really starting to take hold of my life again..

I know i cant live my life like this, i have a job i love and i dont want to loose it because of this so i have finally accepted that medication may be the way forward...

As i dont know much about the meds i can take I was looking for some real advice... I do have a doctors appointment on Tuesday morning to discuss it with her but i wanted to hear real stories from the people who are actually taking it rather than reading the side effects etc from a text book!

What i was after was what medication there is out there best to stop or help panic attacks and general anxiety and also the side effects or stories of how you have been on them all?

Good and bad stories are welcome as i want to get a real picture of it all... I want to know what im letting myself in for!

I have already decided to book 2 weeks off work when i start the meds so i have a couple of weeks to relax with no big commitments incase i do feel unwell, so i also wanted to know how long the side effects happen for?

Thank you in advance, i appreciate it