Thread: stressing

stressing

yesterday started out terrible, friday night i had drank alot of alcohol and then not got much sleep. You probably know the rest of the story, the whole morning i was so anxious i thought i was going to die. I couldnt breathe, i was dizzy, it was terrible. I took some pills and started to calm down. I went to my girlfriends house later in the day and while i was pulling out of her driveway some guy in a expensive benz came whipping around the corner, thankfully i had stopped and nothing happened. I put on a song and started singing, all of a sudden the guy in the benz comes speeding up to the side of the car. He rolls down his window and starts yelling at me, saying "why are you laughing?!?!?!, this isnt ****** funny" blah blah cursing. I tell him i am sorry and wasnt laughing but singing, he then drives up and parks his car infront of mine so i cant get out of the neighborhood. Now just so you know, i am 19 and weigh 118lbs right now. This guy comes up to my door and opens it and grabs my arm and tries to pull me out of the car, i shook him off and told him to he needed to calm down. he cursed some more then left. After that my panick was even worse, my legs where shaking, i couldnt breathe, and my hands started going numb. I spent the night with my girlfriend and felt alot better. But yah, thats my over anxious story of the day :(

I have some questions though.

What do you guys do when you feel really anxious while driving? I just started driving and i find myself short of breathe and sometimes my hands tingling while i drive, its pretty scary but i tell myself its just the anxiety and try to get through it.

Also, I just started taking lexapro and I am losing weight. I have lost alot of my appetite. I mean, I have always been a skinny guy, last time i was weighd i was 122 before meds, now im around 116. Its scary cause I hope its nothing serious, like i have a terminal illness. You know, MR.ANXIETY always keeping the negative in your head! Is it pretty common for loss of appetite and weight loss on lexapro?

thanks for listening everyone <3

Hi hunni.

You poor thing, bet you must have been scared. Some people just have a temper on them eh! I don't drive so I can't answer that question but if I did drive and felt a panic coming on then I would certainly go and stop somewhere and have a little break until I have calmed down, ring a friend if you need to. Thats the best thing to do, because you don't want to keep driving while you are panicing. Maybe next time you should lock your door incase anything like that happens again. Hope you are ok. Keep smiling.

Scooby2005
    x x

Thread Information