Thread: Really bad panic attack today

Really bad panic attack today

At work (in a different office to my usual one) and just had a really bad panic attack, probably my worst ever. Was sure I was having a heart attack, had full chest, light headedness, chills up and down, legs felt like jelly, etc. Was in a meeting at the time which made the panic worse so had to excuse myself - everytime I go back into the room I feel like it's about to happen again. Just don't know how to tell myself that I'm not having a heart attack and it's only a panic attack - everytime feels like this is the one. I try telling myself it's fine but my body ignores it (. Hate feeling like this.

Re: Really bad panic attack today

i feel for you, i have had lots of attacks in work and struggle to come around from it, try running your wrists under cold water that cools your body, take sips of water, repeat in your head if im ok in say 20 mins then im not having a heart attack.
    hope you feel better soon xx

i'm totally with ya fadefade. I'm someone who takes panic attacks once every so often, and just today i'm feeling exactly like you are - right down to the fact that i'm in work as well. All those feelings you have are the same as me and it is scary; no doubt about it. i'm trying to continually reassure myself that i'm ok, but then i might get a wee pain in my chest, or my arm, and then all the feelings of panic set back in, sweats, weakness, feelings of being alone! I hate it. Listen buddy, we'll ride this one out and we will be feeling much better later on... and when it passes, the only way is up!

You wont have a heart attack. Strangely enough someone once told me panic attacks were good for the heart...it gives it a workout!
    Dont know how true that is but I started panic attacks 40 yrs ago living with an abusive husband. I got rid of him (and the attacks) eventually and went on to live a happy and healthy life until 5 yrs ago when my son committed suicide.

I'm not so bad now but I still get anxious moments but the attacks havent harmed the old ticker

Thread Information