Thread: Olanzipine

Olanzipine

After having assessment with psychiatrist I've been prescribed olanzipine 2.5mg at night. I've read that it causes weight gain and not read many good things about it. I'm worried about trying it.

Re: Olanzipine

Thats interesting as Its the first time I've seen it mentioned on here and I was put on 5mg at night along with fluoxetine, a couple of weeks ago. Whether its coincidence/placebo effect or what, my anxiety/depression has significantly improved in the last couple of weeks. I've also read that it can cause weight gain so I suppose the thing to do is just keep an eye on the scales and if you start putting weight on, cut down on the portions/chocolate etc!! 2.5mg is also a very low dose so I wouldn't worry about the weight.

Re: Olanzipine

Quote Originally Posted by h26 View Post
    After having assessment with psychiatrist I've been prescribed olanzipine 2.5mg at night. I've read that it causes weight gain and not read many good things about it. I'm worried about trying it.
    Back in 98 I was on Olanzapine 5mg.
    I put on 5kg.
    and several times i developed EPS, like my eyes rolled upwards, muscle( usually around my arms) spasms.
    I also got restlesness.

my pdoc stopped it then and changed it to other antipsychotic.

Thread Information