Thread: Got myself in right state! help!

Got myself in right state! help!

I was feeling pretty confident that I had my anxiety under control which just adds to my stress as I am having a bad time of it at the moment.

I got restless legs in bed a few weeks ago, didn't like it but ignored it and it went away. a week later, I had it again and felt a bit shaky all over - thought it was tiredness and hunger, again didn't worry too much.

The other night I had it again and this is when the panic starts to creep up on me like an evil old friend I thought i'd got rid of. I went to bed that night and had the most amazingly bad restless feeling but all over my body - I couldn't relax any of my muscles and it was the most frustrating feeling. Tried all my relaxation methods and although I did sleep eventually yesterday I woke up worrying about it and realised - yep it's still there!!!

Now I get it even if I'm just sitting still (like now!) I almost dread sitting still for any length of time incase it's there and like clockwork it is! A hot bath helped a bit and went to bed with hot water bottle and all the determination in the world that I wouldn't get it but woke up in the night with the all over body vibrations inside, couldn't get rid of it, full blown panic attack occurred, feet and hands went numb and all sorts! am now I'm in a right old state! I'm pretty sure that I am probably making it worse by concentrating on it but I can't seem to calm down or get rid of it - am in this awful vicious circle and now so down and tearful.

I haven't been this riddled with anxiety in such a long time and I hate it.
    Convinced I will live out my life with this irritation and at the back of my mind I am also unsure as to whether it IS anxiety - it might be some awful condition I've got....................aaaaggghhhh!

PMA just isn't cutting it this time

Re: Got myself in right state! help!

We are all allowed to have off days/weeks/months....it doesn't mean that anxiety has beaten you. It will try & sneak up on you again as soon as you are feeling better, that is the nature of the beast.

Go with it & write it off as a blip & don't be so hard on yourself.

v. survived, surviving, survives
    v.intr. 1. To remain alive or in existence.
    2. To carry on despite hardships or trauma; persevere
    3. To remain functional or usable

v.tr. 1. To live longer than; outlive
    2. To live, persist, or remain usable through
    3. To cope with (a trauma or setback); persevere after

Thread Information