Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help me through this blip

Wendy,

Hang in there hun. I know you can do it. Even people who don't have this sometimes want to run from work screaming! Try to not be so hard on yourself and realize that you will have these blips from time to time and that you are so strong you will get through them.

Bel

Hi Wendy - you're doing great, just keep telling yourself its a blip and that things will get better again. Hang in there.
    Love Helen

Hi Wendy

Your're doing really well, you're bound to feel rubbish if you hav'nt had any sleep. I hate it if i hav'nt had a good nights sleep because i know that in the morning i'm going to have a lousy day and feel even more anxious and panicky. I've just got in from work(thank god) i had no anxiety until i realised that i've got to leave out and go and pick the kids up from school, then of course i start feeling dizzy and unreal, but like you i make myself do it day in day out and hopefullly one day i'll do it and realise i've not panicked. As for your managers, sound exactly the same as mine (I've heard them laughing about mental illness, so hav'nt dared told them about me) Like you said if they had anxiety for just one day they would think very differently. Like everyone else has said it'd just a small blip and you will get through it.

Take care.

Marie XXX

Wendy,
    You are doing brilliantly coping with this difficult episode - don't give up!
    Here's one way to look at it that will definitely help: it involves remembering just TWO simple but important things.
    FIRST, just take every hour one hour at a time. Sometimes you'll be aware of an hour passing, other times a couple of hours will go by before you remember to notice. Either way, just get through hour by hour. Little step after little step.
    SECONDLY - remember to congratulate yourself EVERY time you successfully negotiate another hour of the day! You have done it! You have succeeded. YOU ARE LIVING SUCCESSFULLY! Tell yourself this every hour you get through. You deserve the praise. You will be wonderfully surprised how the positive 'strokes' you give yourself accumulate during the day, and over the days that pass.
    Everyone here believes in you - I can tell that. You can do it - go out and get 'em!
    And let us know how you get on.
    Big hugs, warmest support and all the best!
    Jason

Wendy - well done getting through your day. i know what you mean about the dizziness and breathlessness thing and worrying about what your bosses will think. I have the same problem which is mad coz over a third of the population have some sort of mental illness!!! Well done xx Wenjoy

Hi Wendy,

well done for getting through the day. Another success...you should give yourself a huge pat on the back. I think the idea of taking it an hour at a time is great (think I'll try that myself). It is a blip and it will pass, but meantime you have my sympathy cos I know how it feels (and I'm sure many others do too) to struggle to get through each day. Youre doing great!

take care

Coni X

Thanks all, Your words of support do make the difference! Well I made it through the day without dying or fainting [:I][:I][:I], had a good nights sleep am still ANXIOUS, yep anxious not dying today and just feel generally exhausted. I have an all morning meeting to go through soon that was going to back out of but think im going to give it a go! Wont be easy but guess anxiety is never easy, Have a good day all,

Thanks again

Wendy xx

Hi there, I too have had the week from hell, anxiety throught the roof and panics that are just unbelievably bad, worst in 15 years. However, I kept working and hard though it is, it is the best thing to do as you are living proof that the beleif we have that we will faint/throw up/collapse/die/embarrase ourselves, goes unproven.....yet again because you survived each panic, didn't you.

PLEASE READ "when the gloves come off" it's on this website, it is a fantastic peice of writing which gives you solid facts about anxiety. I felt very much heartened when I read it. Believe what it says, it's true.

Hi wendy!
    Your doing so well hun,just dont give in.Things can only improve for you,just dont be scared of that gremlin!xxx

Thanks everyone!

I will take an hour at a time, good idea

Its crazy that had awful few days then woke up this morning and can feel the anxiety fading. What a strange illness it is!! You words again have help me through xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information