Thread: lithium and increased tiredness

lithium and increased tiredness

I am so tired at the moment. I'm not sure whether it is the lithium that I am taking? I feel so tired and go to bed at 11pm sometimes a lot earlier and sleep to about 5am. The pain in my shoulder still wakes me up at about 5am. I don't sleep very well but that is becoming a normal pattern for me. I have been working a lot during the week and Saturday as well. I try to catch up on the days I have off. I have just had my lithium levels (bloods) done so it will be interesting to see what these are. Do any other lithium takers have increased tiredness? EJ

Re: lithium and increased tiredness

Hi ElizabethJane,

So sorry your going through rough time with all sleeping, I can understand about all the sleeping, but I dont get Lithium. sorry I cant help you with that. I hope you feel better soon.

sending you love & hugs.

Yvonne

I think that some meds can cause excessive tiredness. Unfortunately lithium is one of them EJ

I know 2 ladies in my group theropy takes it and they are always nodding off. I was wandering what it is used for? Is it an antidepresent?

Cathy xx

it is a mood stabiliser. I have severe recurrent depression currently stable. Thankfully I don't nod off just yawn a lot. I am tired but don't sleep well. We have a new mattress. I lead a very busy life and I know I try to do too much but I don't want suffer from inertia. Lithium does have really good anti depressive properties. I imagine being on lithium for the rest of my life. It is primarily used to treat bi-polar disorder. I have been taking it for thirteen years. It does carry with it a certain responsibility. EJ

Yes the 2 ladies I know seem fine If you have been on it for a while it must be helping you. And thy said they would never come off of it. so it must be fine for them 2. good luck and stay happy

Cathy xx

Dear Cathy is it something that you have thought of trying? EJ

Thread Information