Hi all,

This is just a quick query regarding anybody who has been on (or is currently on) Propranolol and has reduced their dosage.

I was put on 80mg slow-release, where I took one tablet every twenty-four hours, and remained on them for around nine months. I decided I wanted to gradually cut my dosage and so spoke to the doctor who recommended I take three 10mg tablets every day (once every eight hours). I did this for around two or three months, but three weeks ago I decided to cut the dosage further and so I now only take two a day (once every twelve hours).

Has anybody been down a similar route and if so, how did it go for you? Not only that, but is it recommended? The doctor seemed fine with me lowering the dosage with a view to quitting entirely, but I'd like to hear other peoples experience. Not that I am second guessing the doctor.

I don't feel too bad, but whereas I could barely feel my heart beating before, there's mistaking it now. I'm thinking it's just because I haven't heard it beating loudly for nearly a year, so I've gotten used to it.

It turned out not to be as quick as I had hoped and there's an abundance of numbers in there. Sorry about that.

Thanks.