Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: you are the cure!!

you are the cure!!

Hey ya'll,i'm new to this so bear with me ok..? Just thought i'd share my experiences with you.I've been reading this forum for a few days now and some of the posts are so touching.I've suffered from anxiety,panic and sometimes depression for 15 years now on and off but there's something i'd like to share with all of you:There is no doctor or shrink or magic tablet that will take it away,THE CURE COMES FROM WITHIN YOU and nowhere else.After trying everything known to man over the years, we have to realise that fighting it through clenched teeth DOES NOT WORK,as difficult as it is you just have to go with it and accept it,ACCEPTANCE is the key cos soon as you start to accept the fear will gradually subside.As you know,it is your fear that keeps that horrible raging fire burning.I'm not saying it ever goes away but you can learn to cope a lot better if you have another blip.I'm also saying that it is not easy by any means and that is coming from someone who has picked herself up off the floor more than once.If youre a chronic sufferer you'll know that youve tried fighting it and it doesn't work so isn't it time to try something else..? Please let me know your thoughts on this and keep ya chin up!! Kaye xx

I think you're right, but we all want a magic pill in the middle of panic attack don't we? I'm not sure if I've accepted it but i have learnt to cope with it, and in some ways prevent/postpone it. It is all about cultivating a positive attitude and actively relaxing yourself. The mind is a powerful thing.

It's just my high anxiety getting to the best of me. I call him Bingbongilypoop. Then I can laugh at him cos he has a funny name. HAHA! [points]

Remember mr billybongywhatsisname will only get the better of you if you let him!!

hi kaye,yes iagree ,but it is sooo hard isn't it.I am not as reliant on pills or booze as i was,and have had no therapists or treatments,so i know that it comes from within somewher!I love the 'BINBONGILYPOOP'off mr monkey,that is brilliant and intend to plagerise it right now ,cant stop smilin!!Love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Hi mary rose,yes i think havivg a funny name for it can literally change the way you think about it so if it works it can only be a good thing.By the way billybongywotsisname is not even worth wasting energy on anyway,doesn't deserve any thought if you ask me!! Kaye xxx KEEP YA CHIN UP WOT YA YOU'LL GET THERE I PROMISE!!

I agree and the sooner we are willing to accept this and pro-actively seek to resolve it the better.
    Its surely does seem counter-intuitive to our minds.. we want to know there is a magic bullet or someone will tell us a 'secret'.

Well.. do you know whats funny is that there is a guy touting a course like its a 'magic key' or a 'secret to unlock it' - but the very first thing you find out in his course is that ITS YOU.

Its not a mental disease, its not a physical disease.. its US DOING IT.

Whether its Bronwyn Fox or Lucinda Basset or Charles Linden... any of these former long term sufferers turned therapist - they all say the same thing - It was THEM doing it.

What we do after that (including getting help and advice, God willing) is another story.

*Probably should note that there are real symptoms from drug withdrawal so thats the exception I suppose.
    if you are withdrawing from Paxil or Sedative type drugs.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I love the 'BINBONGILYPOOP'off mr monkey,that is brilliant and intend to plagerise it right now ,cant stop smilin!!
    <div align="right">Originally posted by mary rose - 16 May 2006 : 11:48:43</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    That's exactly what I intended it so please do! The more the merrier!

Monkey

PS. I was gonna call him fred but decided it wasn't a silly enough name

It's just my high anxiety getting to the best of me. I call him Bingbongilypoop. Then I can laugh at him cos he has a funny name. HAHA! [points]

got a queston,when binbongilypoop strikes out of the blue,for no apparent reason and you sniff your lavender,try breathing properly,etc etc,and you still feel like you gunna die[again!!]how do you let go and accept wat is happening to you[or what you are doing to your self]or am i asking 4 the secret that doesn;'t exist?? love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

just wonderin- umm so do you still suffer?? i completely agree with you and because of my possitive attitude i am well on me way to recovery - touch wood!!!! just wonderin if u have managed to get control of it??
    Ammegx

I have been trying 4 years and its so difficult isnt it,
    today i went to the post office to post of some parcels (3 parcels)
    it was empty when i arrived and i was doing okish but as soon as a que formed behind me I found myself panicking came home cried and now im off to the school to collect kids .....
    they say expose yourself to your fears every day but everyday it feels more and more difficult ???

Does anyone else find this?

mirryx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information