Thread: "Squeezing head" feeling

"Squeezing head" feeling

This is one of my first posts here, and I was just wondering if anyone else experiences or has experienced the symptom I'm currently dealing with. It's a feeling of pressure in my head, like someone's gently squeezing it - it's not painful, but VERY uncomfortable and can get almost unbearable. It lasts for anything from about 1 hour to a whole day, and can get worse and escalate leading to what I guess is a panic attack (I've had them before but without the head feeling) where my heart beats fast and I can't breathe.

I just want to know if anyone else gets these head symptoms and, if so, what they do to relieve them. Is there anything that makes the feeling go away? My main problem with it is at night, when I can't sleep because my brain just feels like its being compressed and I'm going to collapse. Sometimes it even feels like my head's going to explode, which sounds silly but it really does scare me.

Thank you so much

Harrydig

Re: "Squeezing head" feeling

Yeah I get that from time to time, in the beginning it was pretty much constant. It's actually caused by tension. The only thing that will really relieve it is relaxation. Are you receiving treatment for your anxiety?

Lisa x

A few things can cause this,
    Mediation,
    Sinus,
    Panic attacks and stress,
    Tense muscles,
    Headaches,
    What causes mine seems to be tight muscles, it took me years to figure this out though.
    Use heat, such as a wheat bag around your neck, massage the shoulders and neck,
    Also if you tense your jaw the tension could be coming from there and traveling up into your head.

Tension headache!!!!
    I get them all the time.
    Nothing to worry about but the more you stress about it the longer it will remain.

Try & relax (easier said than done), long soak in the bath, put your tunes on & chill out.

Emily

v. survived, surviving, survives
    v.intr. 1. To remain alive or in existence.
    2. To carry on despite hardships or trauma; persevere
    3. To remain functional or usable

v.tr. 1. To live longer than; outlive
    2. To live, persist, or remain usable through
    3. To cope with (a trauma or setback); persevere after

Thank you everyone! I saw my GP today and was told that the feeling is most likely anxiety/stress related. I've just been prescribed amytriptyline for a month so hopefully that'll help - I haven't had any anxiety medicine before. I'll give the methods a try and see how I go

Harrydig

have you got any sinus issues? i do, and it can cause awful head tension.

ive been dealing with this same thing for 1 year ...i have so much pressure on my head /tightness its awfull i wish i could tell u what helps take it away but i have found no relife yet...its daily head preasure my head feels so heavy at times i cant hols my head up ive had ct scan but found nothing this causeing me to panic most of the day ...take care hun and if u evr need to talk please feel fee to write me

Thread Information