Thread: Toe Discoloration

Toe Discoloration

Hello:

I am noticing a toe discoloration (next to my big toe). I am a marathon runner, so I am used to getting black toe nails every once in a while. I also had athlete's foot for a long time which I treat on and off. But, this is pretty recent ( a few weeks). Is not sensitive to the touch at all, don't even notice it really unless I look at it. Here is a picture (sorry I have gross feet :( )
    I have a doctor's appointment in a couple of weeks... just wondering how much should I be worried????

Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Toe Discoloration

Quote Originally Posted by gauchomaster View Post
    Hello:

I am noticing a toe discoloration (next to my big toe). I am a marathon runner, so I am used to getting black toe nails every once in a while. I also had athlete's foot for a long time which I treat on and off. But, this is pretty recent ( a few weeks). Is not sensitive to the touch at all, don't even notice it really unless I look at it. Here is a picture (sorry I have gross feet :( )
    I have a doctor's appointment in a couple of weeks... just wondering how much should I be worried????

Thank you
    Looks like either nail psoriasis or nail fungus. Most likely the latter.

The bruising on the toe is probably from all the running.

thanks for the comment... a bit calmer now... hope the doctor provides the same prognosis.

Looks very much like nail fungus probably from hot sweaty running shoes!

Topical treatment for nail fungus takes along time to work so be patient and persistant or you can take anti fungal tablets orally but they can batter your liver a bit as you need to take them for about 6 months.

thank you for the reply and sorry you had to see that ugly foot!

Quote Originally Posted by gauchomaster View Post
    thanks for the comment... a bit calmer now... hope the doctor provides the same prognosis.
    Yeah nothing to worry about there mate. Just looks like fungus and dead skin, most likely from the constant moisture. I'm 100% sure you won't lose you toes or anything lol.

Hey I had nail fungus, it started off in a finger nail, was a dark green brown colour, I didn't take much notice at first.
    Then I realized it was eating away at my nail and making my skin bleed. I also got it on one of my toes.
    The doctor gave me a white power to put on it and it cleared up and never got it again.

What ever you have isn't anything sinister, just some sort of skin issue which I'm sure your doctor will give you something for

Quote Originally Posted by mishel View Post
    Hey I had nail fungus, it started off in a finger nail, was a dark green brown colour, I didn't take much notice at first.
    Then I realized it was eating away at my nail and making my skin bleed. I also got it on one of my toes.
    The doctor gave me a white power to put on it and it cleared up and never got it again.

What ever you have isn't anything sinister, just some sort of skin issue which I'm sure your doctor will give you something for
    I have nail psoriasis which is a pain in the ass. I get ridging, pitting, thickening and discoloration. Have to keep my nails very short.

I have psoriatic arthritis and nail problems are supposed to be quite common. But of course with my HA i think it's something worse causing it.
    Last edited by Worried_Male; 16-09-11 at 22:39.

Thread Information