Thread: feeling sad and lonley

feeling sad and lonley

hi im feeling real sad and down the weekends coming and if anybody read my post last week about my dreaded etopics when im trying to have a good nite with my friends then u should no how im probley feeling. no`one replied to my post or had any advice for me it left me feeling down coz i dnt know what to do the weekends coming again and im starting to panic again i drink sats way over the limit only coz im so worried bout my dam heart sorry to put anybody on a downer but i dnt know what else to do. tring to stay calm aint an option for me anymore cant talk to my family coz i dnt want to upset them ive done enough of that please help any advice for me would be good..... i know i go on alot but thats just me.

a life lived in fear is a life half lived

Re: feeling sad and lonley

You might want to consider that drinking alcohol can make ectopic / palpitations a lot worse. It might seem like a good thing at the time to have a few drinks but for me I find that it makes my ectopic issues a lot worse. Caffeine also can be a problem for some people and that too is an issue for me.
    I don't want to spoil your fun and I understand that there isn't an easy answer but please have a think about drinking too much as that also doesn't help anxiety in general.
    Try your very best at distracting yourself if you feel your ectopic beats starting. I really do know that it is hard. If they happen for me in the late hours of the night I tend to get up and watch TV or read a book.
    Look after yourself and best wishes to you

selphie, i know exactly how you feel, i feel so alone too, ive had skipped beats before when i was stressed, but last october 2010 i had a few too many beers, and woke up the next morning with averaging 7 skips a minute if not more,(all i do is constantly ask my family and friends for reassurance and to check my pulse, my bf is so fed up, he says im such a depressive person!! im driving people mad!) my dr even laughs! i have had this ever since, been to the dr 7 times hes not even doing tests as i have no more symptoms. i have lots of stomach gas to, and have convinced myself now that i have stomach cancer :( im only 31 and have completely lost the last year of my life, but i think that we just have to accept these damn things, look how common they are! i just hope and pray that someday they will just 'do one!' i just cant remember whats its like to be happy again, and not to worry about my health, ive had cbt which didnt help atall. chin up chicken, im in your boat!....sail on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanku 4 your kind words i had a real bad nite last nite i really had to much to drink but ive been so anxious latley my ectopics have been so bad and i wanted to take mind of them but im so shakey today and anxious this isint new to me i always suffer the day after but i still do it anyhow im very scared and when i woke my heart was racing and i sat up and my etopics kicked in and i thought they wasent going to stop i wish i knew what to do

a life lived in fear is a life half lived

Hi Selphie, I have been getting ectopic heart beats for about 6 years now,the medical term for mine is PVC's,,, premature ventrical contractions, i am guessing yours are the same. I have had every test possible for them 3 times,, once on nhs and twice private, one of the 24 hour holter test recorded at about 1,100 in that 24 hour period i reckon it was over 2,000 times a day at its worst. Here is the thing, my heart is normal apart from these PVC's. they are harmless, they CANNOT bring on a heart attack, i have quizzed consultant cardiologists about this,(it cost me enough) I was terrified when they started, thought i was going to die at any minute, high anxiety. I get about 500 a day at the moment, i just ignore them, i understand completly how bad the anx is these can cause,. I am assuming your heart has been checked out at the hospital ?? if it has and they say its normal and the only thing is these ectopic beats, they really really cannot do you any physical harm,, its the anx and fear that will harm you,, i know, i nearly had a breakdown because of them. try to start to accept they are harmless,, i know its really really scary when they happen, I hope this helps a little,,, you can ask me any questions if you have them,, Take care,,, ALAN

Thread Information