Thread: Left arm discomfort when walking -why is this?!

Left arm discomfort when walking -why is this?!

This happens to me sometimes (like just now when I went for a really small walk with my boyfriend)-and I cannot work out physiologically why this is. It was fine when I came in and sat down.
    When I was severely bad with anxiety -totally bedroom bound -I always found symptoms worse when I walked around. Does anyone know why this would be?
    I have had heart checks in the past so I am posting this really to ask for reassurance on that level and also if anyone knows how anxiety could cause this =s

Many thanks.

Hannah

Re: Left arm discomfort when walking -why is this?!

Hi there

From what you say I think the way anxiety can cause this is by what it does to your mind - mind is so powerful that it can make the pains appear just by you thinking about them. If you are like me, you will be mega sensitive about your left arm as you know that it can be associated with heart problems. When I get the same twinges in the right arm I don't even think about it!

Next time you are walking, try singing a song in your head or count red cars, anything to take your mind off searching for left arm pain. Sometimes distraction really helps. x x

Thread Information