Thread: Stelazine/Trifluoperazine

Thumbs down Stelazine/Trifluoperazine

Anyone else on this at the moment for their anxiety/panic? I'm on it in addition to Escitalopram and Diazepam. Bloomin manufacturing/supply problem happening though, they don't have enough pills and now I have to take the liquid. The chemist says they suspect they are thinking of discontinuing this. TOtal nightmare. Hope they are wrong.

Re: Stelazine/Trifluoperazine

Yes, my chemist couldn't fill my latest prescription and said it seemed unlikely it would be available soon. He suggested going back to the GP and asking for an alternative.

Yeah, I'm figuring that's the same fate that awaits me. I don't know what it'll be like coming off of though - or what the effects of a different drug might be. :-s It sucks basically! It's a popular drug so they should keep making it I reckons. Hope you get yours sorted alright too oliver.

Why'd I get a thumbs down?? What's all that aboot? As they might say in Canada?

Just worked it out! Doh! I put it there myself. Lol

My Mum takes this and has had supply problems before, it depends on what suppliers the chemists get their stock from a lot of the time. Last year I did a lot of calling around and emergency found some and took a train down to her with them. She since found somewhere that seems to be able to get them easier than her usual chemist. Is it true they might discontinue them? I know there's similar ones like what I'm on but I thought mine was more rarely used since it's older. She won't like the idea of having to switch.

Quote Originally Posted by GlenyD View Post
    Anyone else on this at the moment for their anxiety/panic? I'm on it in addition to Escitalopram and Diazepam. Bloomin manufacturing/supply problem happening though, they don't have enough pills and now I have to take the liquid. The chemist says they suspect they are thinking of discontinuing this. TOtal nightmare. Hope they are wrong.
    Hi,

It's a different case here, in Australia.
    Stelazine comes as tablets, spansules, and liquid forte.

As far as I know, in higher doses, it is used for the management of psychotic disorders, such as acute and chronic schizophrenia, psychosis due to organic brain damage, toxic psychosis, manic depressive psychosis, senile psychosis and psychosis associated with mental deficiency.
    It also relieves delusions, hallucinations and confusion, and for the control of tremulousness and aggressive behaviour in alcoholic patients.

But in low dose, it is used to control excessive anxiety, tension and agitation in nonpsychotic disorders.

It is a first generation antipsychotic, but still effectively used today.

Kind Regards,
    Davevanza

Earlier on this year my chemist was having a great deal of problems getting hold of it. After a couple of months struggling to get it i asked if i could be put onto something else and so was prescribed Chlorpromazine, it works just as well for me as Stelazine without the headache of getting it.

hi everyone, i was on stelazine earlier in the year but had to come off of it due to supply problems. After suffering badly for 3 months and with no information available from pharmacists etc i actually contacted goldshield who manufacture the medication. the liquid version is available now (which i'm on) and the tablets will be available from late december (or a generic trifluoperazine in maybe late november). there was a problem producing the tablets because of the coating they use but they say they are not discontinuing stelazine and it should be available soon. maybe if everyone who needs it contacts goldshield like i did they'll realise the demand more? hope this helped x

---------- Post added at 13:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

hi, please see my post further down. soz i'm new to this site and don't quite know how to do this yet lol

Talking Re: Stelazine/Trifluoperazine

hello , i`m new on here, only joined to let you know that here in uk after much searching i have managed to fined trifluoperazine in tablet form. it is supplied by mercurypharma (used to be goldshield) they can be contacted on 02085889131 they distribute under the name of forley generics ltd and can be emailed on medicalinformation @ mercury pharma. com. hope this is useful, i have been without for a year and a half and lifes been crap. i hope this helps you all.
    Love and light.
    Weezul.
    26/2/13

Thread Information