Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bladder trouble

Unhappy Bladder trouble

Hi everyone please can anyone help, for the last month I have had the urge to wee all the time, I went to docs who gave me antibiotics even though nothing came back in urine culture, it seemed to ease a little but 2 days after completing antibiotics it's back with a vengeance I need to wee every 5 mins, I have had some lower abdominal pain but nothing to hurtful, just been to drop in centre and they have sent me away as I have nothing in my urine, he said I have had strong antibiotic and need to go back to gps! I an going out of my mind thinking all bad things, for the last few weeks I keep getting hot flushes, I'm only 28, I'm so scared, it's ment to be my hen party On Saturday but this is making me worry to much, keep thinking I have bladder cancer or a tumour, the doctors have done a full fasting blood test last week which freaked me out and now I'm panicking because the results ain't back :(

Re: Bladder trouble

Are you sure your not pregnant hun? xx

Positive, I have had about 6 wees in half an hour :( x

Hi
    Ive just posted on another thread bout something similar !! I get cystitis a lot anyway but had the same problem as you when I was in the second week of citalopram -are you taking this or any other anti depressant as urinary frequency is one of the side effects. Like you I took a week of ABs and my urine test came back neg- but I had all the symptoms of a uti. It started again last week went to the nurse got a prescription for ABS but so far have nt taken them as I drank loads of BARLEY WATER and this helped a lot. I believe it is possible to have a water infection caused by a bacteria that doesnt show up in the urine culture ( a female GP told me this too ) Have you got any pain after urination or pain in the kidney area ?

i know the feeling oh to well i also have days when i need to wee all the time started bout 7 years ago mine stang when i went to the wee and when i was coming to the end of my wee was soooo painfull i was told it was an infection they gave me antibiotics and it cleared it but then they kept coming bck monthly sometimes fortnightly so went bck to the docs and they gave me anti biotics again and it cleared so on so on, the doctor decided to make me go for tests they did ultrasounds on my kidney and liver and found nothing i started drinking cranberry juice and started to drink bout 5 pints of water a day and found it really helped me i dnt get infections anymore but i have to say i still get attacks like you when i have to go to the toilet all the time loads of times during the day from this day still dont know what the causes are and why it happens i can go a wee and still want to go straight away after again and sometimes after i been i have a feeling of a full bladder or an uncomftable feeling you might just have a week bladder do you have childern??xxx

a life lived in fear is a life half lived

Thank you everybody for the replies I have been taking fluoxotine for ten weeks now so maybe I should look into that? I'm in no pain just constant pressure down below to urinate, my flow seems normal just not as much as I'm going every ten mins, it has me baffled, I drink loads of diet coke which I am going to stop, I have been getting aching legs a lot but put that down to the antidepressant xx

I have 2 children 1 and 4, both delivered by c section so think that's ruled out lol xx

I suppose you may have an overactive bladder, but I think drinking a lot of coke isnt going to help-I wonder -if you ditch the coke straight away and just drink water if it will help as coke is a duiretic and irritant to the bladder x

Please ditch the diet coke - that stuff causes all sorts of problems

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

plus if u have got an irritant there water is the best thing to sort itxx

a life lived in fear is a life half lived

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information