Thread: im scared, dont know what to do now?

im scared, dont know what to do now?

hello all.

ive had an awful weeek so far. i went into a pshyciatric institution on monday. the main reson for me going in there was to start a new antidepresant called (phenlyzine). it is a maoi.

anyway i agreed with my consultant that i would give it a go reluctantly. cause with this medication, you have to avoid certain foods as some of you may no.

so i took the first dose of this medication on monday.
    but then i just feaked out and became very paronoid. while i was eating my meals i was picking through it to see if there was anything in there that i should not be eating. it just feltlike this was another stress added onto all my other problems.
    wat happens if you do eat the wrong food by mistake, isur blood pressure rises dangerously high, which can cause all kinds of serious problems like seizures, vomiting and even a heart attack.

so i thought about it hard all of monday and weighed up the pros and cons and spoke to a few people about this medication.
    and my list of cons outweighed the pros. so i decided that nite that im not going to take them anymore.
    there are plenty of antidepresants out there that are very good and dont have these diet restrictions.
    i saw my consultant today and he seemed upset and pretty much gave me the cold shoulder. he only saw me for two minutes.
    this made me angry.

so now i dont know whether to carrying on seeing him or find another consultant or go tomy gp. ??

i came off my citalopram over two weeks ago now and im not feeling too good.

will:(

Aw bless. Sorry to hear you are feeling down hunni. Hm......... perhaps you should go back to you doctor/gp and see what he thinks you should do. Why did your consultant only see you for two minutes? Hope this helps.

Scooby2005
    x x

Oh dear Will, sounds like you're having a rough time off it. I deffo think you should speak to your gp about this and try to find a different therapist. I don't know anything about the drug you tried, but i agree that worrying about what your eating can't help the problem. Sounds like you do need some meds tho.

Good luck hope you have a better week soon!

Love India xx

Hi Will

Sorry you not feeling too good, please dont be dis-heartened, I have tried 8 different meds and given up on them all, the fear is just part of the anxiety and you shouldnt be made to feel awful just if something is not right for you, If you relationship and trust isnt with your consultant you have the right to see someone else, stick with it and things will get better for you

Take Care

Wendy xx

hey thanx for your support.

scooby i dont why he only saw me for two mins? he came to see me in my room, maybe he had another patient to see.?

but he could of at least heard me out. wouldnt of taken more thaan 15 mins. im bloody pissed off with him.

you definitely are within your rights to stop the meds if they have such restrictions, and surely if you are a doctor then he should be more understanding of your fears

i think you did right. our fears are hard enuf without meds that are supposed to help making you worse

jackie

Hi sorry to hear you had such a bad time with your consulatnt, i would visit your GP and see what he has to say. If the meds arent doing you any good then see about stopping them

Keith

went to see my gp yeasterday. he had a word with my consultant and now going back onto citalopram, my old friend.

im just feeling so fatigued at the moment. have been like this for the last two months. its horrible. [|)]

Willy

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time. I am always on MSN when you want to talk ok?

Big hug
    x

Nicola

Thread Information