Thread: terrible pain and taking lansoprazole

terrible pain and taking lansoprazole

hi can anyone help?????. i used to suffer wih real stomach acid i coped and live with it and then i started to get real bad indigestion it got worse and worse where it got to be all day everyday so i couldent cope so the doc put me on lansoprazole 30mg's aday which did the trick and i stopped getting indigestion at all. but for the last past two days i have it really bad and it just wont go and im still taking the pills. why have they stopped working? i cant cope with the pain i thought u couldent get indigestion while being on them i havent had it before on them either anyone on these meds?and still getting indigestion i rely on these pills to keep the pain away

a life lived in fear is a life half lived

Re: terrible pain and taking lansoprazole

Hi selphie
    Ive been taking omeprazole for nearly a year for indigestion but I still get it sometimes esp if Im anxious or have drunk white wine. My doc told me to up my dose for a few days then drop back down. I not sure about your meds but you could ring the doc on mon for advise-or even out of hours if its too bad. Keep your diet acidic free and avoid coffee and booze-have you tried gaviscon before bed and after meals ? Actually I think our meds are the same drug so the advice you get could be the same as mine !!

thanks for your advice. i was starting to think had stopped working.
    its calmed down a bit now but it was real bad i cant geton with gaviscon it dont workthis was med was the only thing that worked

Been on lansoprazole 30 mg since Last November , they only cut down the acid , they are great 90 % of the time but you can still get excess acid .

You could ask your Doc for ranitidine 150 mg to take on these occasions when you get some breakthrough acid (yes you can take both) .

If i get some excess acid while on the lansoprazole i just take a ranitidine and they work within an hour or so . A pack of 60 has lasted me all year so i don,t need them that often , but its nice to know they are there if i over indulge occassionally .
    Incidently you must not take them within an hour of each other just because one cancels the other out thats all

Hope this helps !

thanks for your good advice i may just go to the doc and ask for them thanx

If you want the over the counter ones to try there Zantac 75 (half the strength of the ranitidine) and available from morrissons , chemist etc etc .
    Exactly the same but ££££,s for 4-6 tabs !

Best seeing the Dr just to check really but mine had no probs giveing me both .
    Hope you feel better today

hi mel2 thanx i feel a little bit better still getting the indigestion but if i aint worrying bout that then its something else.
    wearing 24 hour heart monitor today so me worrying bout it has made it worse but thanks for all your help and time i hope your ok and feeling wellxxxx

Thread Information