Thread: frightened yet again.. sorry!

frightened yet again.. sorry!

I have ibs and im either worrying about tummy or heart, last week i posted i was worried over tummy pains and scared i had ovarian cancer..
    since friday i have had no tummy ache n back ache hardly there at all and some days away completely.
    well i do know when i get a proper bug in my tummy it takes a few weeks due to ibs to get normal bowel rhythm and 2 weeks ago i had a bug and have been slightly constipated .. i have been taking fybogel a few days and sometimes my bm are hard but least im starting to go a little... last night i strained and had very little bm but when i wiped i had a spot of red blood, obv being an anxiety sufferer i had to look in bowl and the bm had smears of blood on it, i know i had to really strain but it terrified me.... since then i have been looking etc and have managed to go 3 times since and no blood at all... my hubby said i will have had a little tear straining as much and that if it was anything else it would be on my underwear or on toilet tissue when i wipe... i know the bm today was still hard but no trace at all of any blood... does anyone have any help on this or has anyone had it..

sorry to be such a pain,,, and also sorry for too much info

Re: frightened yet again.. sorry!

Hiya,
    Try not to worry so much your symptoms are very characteristic of ibs! the stomach ache and pains are due to ibs and not ovarian cancer. Also, i've had a little bit of blood when passing bm once or twice...you were constipated and the strain may have, as your husband said, caused a little tear/scratched inside a little bit. It is nothing to worry about at all
    Love Lucy xxxx

Hi Lucy
    Thank you for your reply, i have had several bm since and none at all have caused any bleeding so taking comfort if it was anything nasty i would probably bleed every bm... going to try and relax
    thank you again
    Kate xx

It is most likely piles and or a fissure (tear).

I get them all the time - search for my recent post about blot clots in bowel movements.

Mine stopped after 2 days.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

HI There, as everyone says nothing to worry about, it happened to me a few weeks ago but it was more than a spot and was very scary at the time. I just made sure I had plenty of fibre to keep movements soft and it settled down after a couple of days. x

Thanks everyone, thankfully only had blood once, and everytime since then has been normal... this site really is a lifeline thank u all so much x

Thread Information