Thread: Dealing with the aftermath of a bad attack

Dealing with the aftermath of a bad attack

Hi everyone! So two days ago I had the worse panic attack which landed me in the hospital. I had all the basic tests done, was told to go home and relax. Now I am having a really hard time dealing with all the left over anxiety and feelings of fear/dread. To top it off, I am hosting a huge party tonight for my husbands 30th birthday. Really wish I could just cancel whole thing, but I just can't do that to him..plus I am sick of letting my panic disorder decide what I can and can not do!

Any advice from someone who got through a big social event when dealing with such severe anxiety? What helped you keep from worrying about having another panic attack? I am so frustrated right now and would love to get some helpful tips for tonight! Thanks!!!

Re: Dealing with the aftermath of a bad attack

Hi hun when i had m worst panic attack ever about 7 weeks ago it completely knocked me off my feet for days so know exactly how ur feeling, i was petrifid all the time and was literally shaking all over, god knows how my legs carried me!! Im sorry i have no advice as to how ur going to get thro tonight but good on u for still going ahead with it!! me id hide away!! r u taking any meds to help with ur anxiety? ive just started on citalopram and have diazepam as a back up for when my anxiety is really bad. Good luck tonight u never know it mght do u good.
    Nicola xx

Re: Dealing with the aftermath of a bad attack

Thanks Nicola! I am on mirtazapine and Ativan as needed. These days it feels like I need to take the Ativan everyday though! I have taken my medication for today so hopefully that will help. I don't as feel as anxious as I did when I first posted so we will see how it goes once the party starts. I can still feel like an internal vibration throughout various parts of my body which scares me. I will just have to keep telling myself it's all the adrenaline and left over panic from that horrible episode two days ago. It helps to know that you have gone through similar feelings days after a bad panic attack! Hugs to you!!

Thread Information