hi just joined this site today and would like to share my story with others.It all started about 6 months ago with a dizzy spell and felt as though i was going to faint, since then my life was turned upside down.I became terrified(and still is) that i would pass out or faint. Looking back and through seeing numerous doctors i realise i was exhausted, and probably run down. My first trip to the doctors consisted of her telling me just to get some more rest and she ordered numerous blood tests.All came back normal except for liver test which was slightly abnormal.I became convinced i had hepatitis,liver disease you name it.
went to see Gastroenterologist diagnosed with a mild harmless syndrome.I came away feeling happy but my thoughts soon turned to me being convinced i eas going to have a brain haemmorage then i convinced myself i had a brain tumour, due to developing severe tensilon headaches head pains, clicking noises in head and dizzy spells., ended up paying to see a neurologist privately had an MRI scan.I was told my scan was PERFECTLEY CLEAR i burst out cryiny because i convinced myself i had a tumour and had not long to live.
Throughout all this i was experiencing(and still am having mini panics on most days) the fear of fainting seems to haunt me no matter what i do!
THe first panic attack i had was terrifying and i thought i was gonna die,everything has spirraled out of control since then.
I have ended up in A and E three times now,the last being by ambulance a few weeks ago.Th consultant i saw there suggested i have a 24 hour ECG to rule out arrithmia(fast heart abnormalheart rate)
So off i went home worrying i now had something wrong with my heart and was gonna drop dead any moment with a heart attack or SADS
even though i was told my ECG was fine B.p etc.
Went to see my own G.p who was, i have to say useless,wanted me to go on prozac and that be it.So off i went to see a cardiologist privately(Spent a fortune) had a Echo,48 hour ECG and a treadmill test.All came back fine except tha 48 hour tape showed ectopics which i knew i had and which terrified me he told me i had a slight heart murmur.Basically a noisy heart BUT nothing to worry about as the echo was normal!
CAme home goolgled heart murmur(stupid i know) but have since tried to but it to the back of my mind.Still worry im gonna have a heart attack or something!!! in between all this i have had numerous cancers of the body etc.Sorry this post is so long but im sure others will relate to this i have been referred forCBT but have still to here.I hope everyday i will start to feel normal as im at my wits end with what to do next, i hate having to go anywhere,or being on my own in case i faint.I have two small children who some days havent the energy
to cope with..... i need to get better soon!!!:(,