Thread: Could this be a brain tumour? This is taking over my life! :(

Could this be a brain tumour? This is taking over my life! :(

It all started 4 weeks ago, after a night out drinking. I got up the next morning and my left hand was tingling, especially my little and ring finger. Then the left side of my face started to tingle too, and I thought that I was having a stroke.
    I went to the doctor the next day and she said it might be a nerve but she wasn't sure. I am so worried that I could hardly eat and wasn't sleeping well.
    A week later I got a headache and the tingling seemed to go to my left foot also. I have lost over a stone because I just can't eat. 4 weeks later the tingling has not gone, I have headache every single day, and I seem to have blurry vision and floaters in my vision a lot. My left ear seems to hurt and it sometimes 'crackles' when I hear loud noises. I am 22.
    Do you think that this is a brain tumour? Am I going to die? I am so scared.

Re: Could this be a brain tumour? This is taking over my life! :(

A nerve can definitively cause that, you might have just slept a little bit funny compressing the nerve.
    How long did it last for?
    I have most of your symptoms.
    I have a headache every day cause by TMJ, when my jaws too tight it puts pressure on the nerve which causes facial numbness, and ear issues.
    I often get tingling in my toe.

Other causes of your symptoms would be anxiety, and also being low in the B vitamins.
    Sounds like this is stressing you out, has your doctor run many tests?

The fact you think it's a brain tumor , worst case scenario despite many other less scary reasons for your symptoms makes me think you also suffer from health anxiety.

I know from being here a while that most of us get your symptoms too

Thanks for your reply well the tingling came on 4 weeks ago today (I had been on a night out on bank holiday sunday) and I had fallen asleep on the sofa when I got home so I thought oh maybe I have slept funny? But then when it spread to my face that is when I started to panic.
    The doctor has done a blood test, which was normal. And they did some tests like touching me something sharp and making me close my eyes to see if I could feel it.
    I still have the tingling every day, at the moment it is in my left hand, the left side of my face, around my cheekbone, and the sole of my left foot.
    The headache didn't come on until a week after and I was very stressed (I still am) and thought it may just be because of that. But now I have the floaters in my vision and blurry vision, which started just over a week ago, too I am convinced that it is a brain tumour. I keep getting told to go for an eye test but I only had laser eye surgery last year? And I just think it has to be interlinked to all these other symptoms seen as they all started at the same time.
    Kayleigh
    xx

Well if you were lying on your face, putting pressure on it, that would cause it to tingle,
    Also if you had started to panic, hyperventilation, causes mainly the hands and face to tingle, and go slightly numb.

It is odd that it's there all the time, I would definitely want it investigated a little bit further.
    I guess a neurologist would rule out any brain problems, which are very rare and your symptoms are very common among anxiety sufferers.

Did your doctor test your thyroid? Just that that can cause crazy symptoms too, it's not part of the routine blood work.

If your vision is blurry I would get an eye test, they also look into your eyes and can detect various problems.

do you grind your teeth at night, or clench them when you are stressed as that can cause all the facial symptoms including the headache.

Thread Information