Thread: Worst time of my life & ovarian cancer worry :(

Worst time of my life & ovarian cancer worry :(

Hi
    It's been a while guys,can't believe what's happened has happened.
    In June I finally achieved my dream after 5 donor egg ivf's and got pregnant. At 8 wks pregnant I got severe lower tummy and leg pain. After checking my baby was ok and hearing the h/b I was diagnosed with femoral artery & iliac vein deep vein thrombosis. At 12 wks we went for our scan to be told my precious baby died at 9 wks. Because of the seriousness of the clot they wouldn't let me miscarry till a ivc filter was inserted, I was then given the tablets to start contractions,later in the middle of the night in hospital after an awful experience I miscarried. A wk later I was back in hospital to have the filter out but the doctor couldn't do it as too painful to me.
    All of this has left me more anxious that I've ever felt in my life,throughout the pregnancy and more since the miscarriage i've had some upper tummy ache & a feeling of pressure about an inch below my belly button on and off.I've also had bad trapped wind and feel need to burp a lot. Also since miscarriage my appetite has vanished. Been reading these are classic symptoms of ovarian cancer. Am terrified now, am so scared.please please if anyone can help I'd be so grateful, feel like I can't cope with anything else :((

Re: Worst time of my life & ovarian cancer worry :(

*hugs you* I'm very sorry about your baby.

I know what you feel about fearing cancer. I fear I have ovarian cancer myself, even though I'm only 21 years old.

I've been feeling pretty bad generalized abdominal pain, gas as well as a constant need to pee, which according to what I've read, are symptoms of cancer. :(

Can't you go back to your doctor and ask for a check up, for peace of mind?

I'm going to do that as soon as I manage an insurance, myself.

Hey thankyou so much for your reply, keep trying to tell myself that there's so many more things other than cancer that could cause these symptoms. Panic is taking over though at the moment. Have got real bad lower back ache and bad trapped wind and just so so scared it's ovarian cancer. My gp isn't back for 2 wks, please does anyone have any thoughts?

Hey
    Im no doctor but the symptoms you describe sound like IBS - I get this and I get trapped wind which gives me the syptoms you describe. The clue is you said you burp a lot !! Ibs can cause back ache tummy pressure as well as headaches loss of appetite and generally feeling yuk. Apparently its the trapped gas putting pressure on other internal organs. I know the symptoms of ovarian cancer are similar but there are others too like mid cylcle bleeding. I TOO have been down your train of thought and asked my GP for a blood test to rule out the ovarian thing and she was confidant my symptoms were all IBS. If it makes you feel better go and discuss it with your doc but I have a feeling. . . . . . Your fine TAKE CARE

I've been worrying about ovarian cancer due to similar symptoms over last month. My stomach is bloated so much, bowel issues, pelvic pain and the burping and indigestion. I also had bladder issues. I went for pelvic ultrasound and they said ovaries looked fine. Since then then bladder is better and no pelvic pain, but the abdominal stuff continues. Doctor says it must be IBS. I'm sure it sounds like the same with you as you've been through stressful times and that can often cause onset of IBS symptoms. If you need piece of mind ask the doctor for a scan. Mine didn't refer me so I self referred to a private one, was £99 but money well spent to put my mind at ease.

Thread Information