Thread: Annoyance whilst on holiday & still the same now that im back

Annoyance whilst on holiday & still the same now that im back

First of all im new to this site so im not really sure how it works as such, but i just need to share my experience and worries as im finding it hard to find someone that really wants to listen and i just need to get things off my chest.

So basically too cut a really long story down, im a constant worrier who will worry about anything at all and i decided to book a holiday with a few mates for the summer to get away and relax. Before the holiday I was worried about my weight and I lost almost 3 stone in 5 months, but the thing is I never needed to lose weight in the first place as I was already under weight for someone of my age and height. So I missed meals and done alot of exercise whilst working 50/60 hours a week and on top of the I had to worry about leaving my 5 year old son to go on holiday which I was not looking forward to doing.

3 days into the holiday I started to get stomach pains and diarrhea i thought nothing off it as with me being in a different country and the changes off food. I was full off wind, which ended up becoming rather sore. I only have one kidney and I was getting all sorts of pains all over my body.

I took myself to hospital a few days later and was kept in overnight, off course that whole time I was worrying sooo much about what could be wrong with me, worrying might not even be the word it was way more than that. I had scans done and alot of test and the doctor firstly said me tme that he would need to see surgical consultant as there was some inflammation around my appendix and bowels. So of course I freaked out big time, phoning my parents back home saying I had to get an operation over in a foreign country and so on. The doctor didnt come back to see me so I got kind off worried about what was going to happen so i buzzed the nurse and she then came in and give me 3 differdent type off tablets and told me that doctor said I was okay to leave hospital.

I left hospital still not feeling right, but with aload off tablets i thought were maybe going to make me feel better. The days past and I still felt the same the best way to explain it, is that a felt like I was living in one my dreams. Nothing felt real and my stomach was still churning like mad. Everything felt just soo weird it got to a point were i was even doubting my existence. I was able to get a flight home early from my friends to go home as all i wanted was to be in my own bed, and i thought once I got home I would feel so much relief and start to feel better.. I have been home now two weeks and I still dont feel any better.
    I have been doctors and have already been told i have helicobacter infection, which I have now completed my tablets to get rid off. But Im still worrying as my stomach is still not right, and everything feels just sooo unreal. Im a big ball off nerves, if i feel a pain or a rumble in my stomach i think the worst.. My head and eyes are killing me, my stomach is churning, Im always tired, im full of wind, and im just so feed up feeling like this. The feeling of everything is a dream is really scaring me, its like the world is passing me by.

Re: Annoyance whilst on holiday & still the same now that im back

hi

you may be experiencing 'depersonalisaion or derealization\ look it it up. Its an anxiety sym, which i have been experiencing in one or the other for a long timem now. i feel like i'm viewing the world from a bubble or something and that things are not really really. is a pain but its a form of protection apparently. I went on holiday in june and i think it triggered something in me as i started to feel lightheaded, and feelings of doom and panic. i hoped and prayed that it would go as soon as i got home but three months on - its still here! its horrible :-(

Re: Annoyance whilst on holiday & still the same now that im back

Yea I will look that up.. I have just spent the day minding my son, and I honestly don't know how I even got through it. It feels as like I'm as you put it in a bubble looking out on the world, and I'm just so tired and weak. Not to mention the stomach cramps. It very hard because I went away on my holiday to get away for all my worries and stresses and I came back with 1 million more. Looking back on let's say yesterday, it feels like it was a life time ago that I didn't really live it as such.. But if you were to ask me details of what I done or who I had seen I would be able to tell you no problem. I'm just finding things very hard to understand, like who can something like this just take over me without me even really knowing?.. I was enjoying my holiday and then out of no where I started feeling really off and to be honest, scared and rather home sick. And to top it all off I'm having to problem with my stomach which I'm just finding very hard to deal with.

Thread Information