Thread: what are vyour panics like

what are vyour panics like

just wondering what everyones panics feel like?I have had four what i would call full blown panic attacks where i really start to hyperventilate...i feel like my end has come! my heart races well above 140 bpm i feel shaky, numb and takes hours for the feelings to subside. Then i have mini panics most days i feel like im suffocating and my hearts gonna stop and so shaky i cant get my key in the door ready to escape....anyone else feels like this???

YEs, classic anxiety. Some of mine are different though. Full blown ones are like that. Other times I get the strange "dissassociated" feeling and freak out because I think I'm going crazy. As soon as you "get used" to anxiety hitting you one way it will find a new way but it's ALL JUST ANXIETY! As long as you remember that and - yes you want to feel better but - accept that it is happening, then it won't get any worse. Then to prevent it you need to start work on thinking positive!

Anxiety hangs around because of negative thoughts and worries, so nip them in the bud.

It's just my high anxiety getting to the best of me. I call him Bingbongilypoop. Then I can laugh at him cos he has a funny name. HAHA! [points]

Hi

Think many people will agree you have described the awful symptoms of a panic attack, as awful as they are and as much as it is hard to believe that they are harmless, they will not hurt you and you will get over them, Have you spoken to your doctor for advise?

Wendy x

I can wake up in a panic attack or it can start if I'm out on my own. My heart races, my legs go all shakey, I just want to 'get out' but i don't really know where to! It takes me a while to calm but they don't frighten me, I know what they are and i just try and breathe deep and take rescue remedy if I need it. Normally helps

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

yes, I to have had those many of times , also im having them in my sleep, just started doing , very wierd feeling, and just remember IT will pass. sincerely, spooky

spooky

HI - me too - the worse thing I think is the hyperventilating - I can cope with palpitations and feeling weird and wobbly - the breathing thing is the worst thing for me. Good luck and hang on in there love Wenjoy x

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">just wondering what everyones panics feel like?I have had four what i would call full blown panic attacks where i really start to hyperventilate...i feel like my end has come! my heart races well above 140 bpm i feel shaky, numb and takes hours for the feelings to subside. Then i have mini panics most days i feel like im suffocating and my hearts gonna stop and so shaky i cant get my key in the door ready to escape....anyone else feels like this???yes every day all day and it totaly wears you out i feel like i have run a marathon at the end of evry day trish 1955

<div align="right">Originally posted by whenwillthisend - 18 May 2006 : 20:14:45</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

It depends ... I can get a lot of psychological symptoms (like feeling very confused, disoriented, helpless, weird, mentally exhausted, can't think straight) or more physical ones (crazy heartbeat, palpitations, sweating, tight jaw, muscles feeling weird, needing the loo). Irregular breathing (too fast, too shallow, can't get enough air) has always been something that freaks me out during panic attacks. A full blown panic attack to me means an attack during which I feel totally out of control of the situation. It's when I can't resist the need to call someone (a parent, my b/f, the ambulance LOL) to come stay with me because I just can't handle the situation on my own. I need another person present to help me calm down and reassure me that the attack will pass and things will be fine. It's a situation when no distraction, no positive thinking, no rational arguments help. Luckliy I don't get these on a regular basis, but I get smaller panic attacks daily. And yes, I absolutely agree that anxiety changes its face ... one day it's crazy palpitations, the next it's severe hyperventilation ... depending on what scares you the most at the moment. It always finds a way to get you.

Thread Information