Thread: please help me!! worried sick!!!

Unhappy please help me!! worried sick!!!

Hi all I'm really hoping that someone can give me some advice as I'm not sure if I'm being totally irrational or not! I have ocd and anxiety.

My foster brother is a heroin user and has been for several yrs now, last week I bumped into him after 3 yrs as he has been in prison! It was great to see him and flung my arms around him and gave him a huge kiss on the cheek!! He has a long chat and as we parted we embraced again and this time he kissed my cheek!

So here is the thing..... I had a mammoth pimple on my cheek that had bled earlier that day (wasn't bleeding at the time he kissed my cheek) what in your opinions I'd the chance of catching hep/hiv/aids from this kind of exposure? I'm not certain but almost 99% sure he has either hepatitis and/or hiv/aids! My reason for being sure is he has mentioned this to me in the past and he clearly looks ill!

In honesty I have rang 2 health professionals who both siad there is minimal risk exposure but noone will offer me a vaccine or test!! I have a 5 yr old and I'm scared to even touch her! I just got my menstuational period and after a heavy bleed I leaked a small bit on my bed, next morning I found my daughter had moved and laid on the dried blood!!!! If I did contract it from my brother could she now contract it!!!! Omg!!!! Freaking out!!!!!

Please help I'm beside myself!!!!!!!

Re: please help me!! worried sick!!!

Please can someone respond.......

If you've contacted health professionals then you just have to trust them. I know it's really awful and anxiety provoking but they know what they're talking about

mb1,
    I really don't know how to respond. I can under stand how you must be feeling though.Have you tried your GPs sugery and asked any nurses there?
    Is your foster brother likley to be HIV positve or have aids?
    I'm sorry don't know what advice to give you. You could have a private blood test
    but that will cost, and I think you might have to wait a while for the results.

I am Nurse and please trust me that you are not at any risk. He kissed you on the cheek..unless there was an open, bleeding sore on his mouth and the same on your cheek exactly where he kissed you these infections cannot be passed on and even then, it is unlikely.

Please relax xxx

Hi
    Just to echo gitterbug I work in sexual health..you can't catch HIV this way.You have to believe that,I understand you being worried but honestly even dr google wouldn't include this as a way of catching HIV.

Hope you can stop worrying.

---------- Post added at 16:56 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

Hi me again. If you really want a test google your local gum/sexual health clinic. It's confidential..you can give a false name if you want to..it's free and information is not sent to you gp. In some places you can get the result on the same day.
    Please try not to worry.
    Pm me if you want more info
    X

Thread Information