Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing symptoms

Changing symptoms

Hello I am new to the forum, I really find this forum helpful.

I had a really bad time around easter with anxiety and panic attacks, my first such experience.

With the help of God, and a helpful nurse who advised me to take Magnesium supplements I am feeling a lot better. The panic attacks have stopped.

The ting I am wondering are the changing symptoms. Every week I feel better but new symptoms creep up. From headaches, to pain on my left arm and lately sudden thightness around my troath for a couple of seconds. I am not sure if it is missed beats or just thightning of troath muscles. I have read palpitations are followed by thump or racing heart I don't have any of that. Can anyone help explain this?

Also I have a wierd feeling of noticing my pulse, specially when going to sleep, in my ear, trough my fingers. Can anyone else relate to this?

I am learning not to get anxious over theese issues.

Even if you feel alot better how long can it take to come out of this state of constantly changing symptoms?

Hi

Welcome to the forum it will be very helpful for you.

I was the same as you all different symptoms would creep up thinging i had something wrong with me.

It's just the anxiety taking over your mind it can do a lot of horrid things but it's not harmful.

i hope you will feel better soon

take care
    linda

Yes, it's all just anxiety so you are doing the right thing by not letting it get to you. Essentially what is happening is that anxiety is a warning system for your body, that, in the case of anxiety sufferers, is hypersensitive and malfunctioning (like most car alarms!) and so, when you learn to ignore these warnings, the body finds new ways each time and you have to learn to recognise them.

The good side being that, yes, it is just anxiety. The bad side being that different symptoms will crop up to test you throughout your life. Don't panic about it though because you are doing brilliantly by the sounds of it. Just recognise it for what it is and relax. You're perfectly safe.

It's just my high anxiety getting to the best of me. I call him Bingbongilypoop. Then I can laugh at him cos he has a funny name. HAHA! [points]

Hi Musilman

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps

Symptoms

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

I totally relate to what you're saying.

My panic attacks started with an urge to hurt myself, then (with Prozac) I felt like I was going to hurt other people. I then started to feel unreal. After that I had a lot of health anxieties and now I'm really questioning the world, my body, life... I worry at night that the earth will stop spinning or the sun will go out!!

I think you rationalise one symptom, it becomes familiar and it's less of a fear, so your mind searches for other things to panic about.

It does get very frustrating because in some ways you feel better, but still you feel less able to do things than you used to. A symptom disappears and you think that you are getting better, but something else crops up and you feel horrendous again.

I am sure that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Once i come through this, what can there possibly be that i can't cope with or overcome?!

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

oh yes the symptoms can change from one hour to the next, and usually do in my case

all the ones you have mentioned have happened to me many times

did you find magnesium supplements helped

jackie

Yep mine change too. But I know that they are all anxiety and panic related. Knowing that helps to accept them and you can overcome it an get better, just takes time. Keep on keeping on
    Take care

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

hi,

the symptoms will often change from day to day, week to week. i have had brain tumours, heart attacks, lung cancer, glucoma, 20 strokes, circulation probs, dvt, plurisy, angina, need bypass, the list is endless, you have got to laugh i know it doesnt seem funny at the time but in time you will learn to live with it and accept it.

keep your chin up and remember somebody is always here to help

ruthb1 x x

Unless you have already done so i would get a good check up at the doctors before anything else, my doctor was very helpful and even arranged a counciler for me and checked me for verious things and gave me a clean bill of health, he even diagnosed my anxiety for me, i didn't know what was happening to me at the time, but like most people here say it sounds like some form of anxiety or panic attack.

Yes, symptoms change. When you're not scared by a symptom anymore and you don't pay attention to it, a new one appears! Anxiety manifests itself in different ways, it always looks for a way to get you. So if a certain symptom doens't bother you anymore, then you get a new one, a scarier one. That's just the way anxiety works. I've had, at one point or another, all of the symptoms you describe. It's anxiety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information