Thread: "Stalking"..

Re: "Stalking"..

That's not stalking!!
    If was just a heated argument babe!!
    That's very unfair...

Forget about it and stop worrying

X

v. survived, surviving, survives
    v.intr. 1. To remain alive or in existence.
    2. To carry on despite hardships or trauma; persevere
    3. To remain functional or usable

v.tr. 1. To live longer than; outlive
    2. To live, persist, or remain usable through
    3. To cope with (a trauma or setback); persevere after

Given my extensive knowledge of UK law, it is certainly not stalking and it would not be seen harassment either since that was not your intention. Your intention was simply to put your side of the argument across and not to harass or hassle the woman. Yes you made her feel uncomfortable but she did not have to stop and continue the argument with you, she could just as easliy carried on walking, assuming you had not put your hand on her shoulder of arm to get her to stop and listen (which could be deemed as battery).

The problem is you were in a different country, so the laws there maybe different along with the intepretation of the law. I.e. what conduct amounts to stalking there, maybe different to what conduct amounts as stalking here in the UK.

But the point is, what is your intepretation, did you at the time feel your conduct amounted to stalking? No you didn't nor did you see it amounting to harassment either, as such it was what it was, an argument. Nothing more nothing less. And chances are you did nothing wrong at all and would not be guilty of any offence, well unless you were well and truely drunk an were arrested for being drunk.

So do not worry about it, nothing has come of it, so put it to bed and get on with enjoying your life.
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either the Legal Beagles website, my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaboy2 View Post
    Given my extensive knowledge of UK law, it is certainly not stalking and it would not be seen harassment either since that was not your intention. Your intention was simply to put your side of the argument across and not to harass or hassle the woman. Yes you made her feel uncomfortable but she did not have to stop and continue the argument with you, she could just as easliy carried on walking, assuming you had not put your hand on her shoulder of arm to get her to stop and listen (which could be deemed as battery).

The problem is you were in a different country, so the laws there maybe different along with the intepretation of the law. I.e. what conduct amounts to stalking there, maybe different to what conduct amounts as stalking here in the UK.

But the point is, what is your intepretation, did you at the time feel your conduct amounted to stalking? No you didn't nor did you see it amounting to harassment either, as such it was what it was, an argument. Nothing more nothing less. And chances are you did nothing wrong at all and would not be guilty of any offence, well unless you were well and truely drunk an were arrested for being drunk.

So do not worry about it, nothing has come of it, so put it to bed and get on with enjoying your life.
    Thanks everyone for their understanding and advice/thoughts

I think you need to control your temper and if anyone (especially a woman) is walking away from you during a discussion/disagreement, arguement or whatever, that is the person telling you to leave them alone, and you should do. It sounds to me like you bullied her a bit by keep going on and on and letting go of your point of view. I bet you wouldn't have done that if the person was 6'6" and muscular built boxer! You need to chill out, if you're in a discussion and it's not going your way and it gets to the point people have to walk away from you, let them go, that's their right. Count to 50 and walk away, you will feel better for it too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy_Dave View Post
    I think you need to control your temper and if anyone (especially a woman) is walking away from you during a discussion/disagreement, arguement or whatever, that is the person telling you to leave them alone, and you should do. It sounds to me like you bullied her a bit by keep going on and on and letting go of your point of view. I bet you wouldn't have done that if the person was 6'6" and muscular built boxer! You need to chill out, if you're in a discussion and it's not going your way and it gets to the point people have to walk away from you, let them go, that's their right. Count to 50 and walk away, you will feel better for it too!
    I know and as i said i take responsiblity and i said it WAS my fault, not one of my prouder moments in life...

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidScotsman View Post
    I know and as i said i take responsiblity and i said it WAS my fault, not one of my prouder moments in life...

Good man

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy_Dave View Post
    Good man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information