Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IPad friendly Chat-room

Exclamation IPad friendly Chat-room

Just a thought, but one thing I would use more often if it was available was a chat room that I could use with my iPhone or iPad. Especially on nights like these where I'm feeling anxious here at work (nightshift),all alone and could do with a chat!
    Java and Flash is dead technology according to Apple so was wondering what would be required to make this happen.....
    Well apparently it's quite easy!
    http://www.123flashchat.com/flash-chat-v78.html
    Last edited by ReneV; 04-10-11 at 22:46.

Re: IPad friendly Chat-room

Hi

The problem is cost. The existing chat room cost me over $300 with the moderation module and I see that one isn't much cheaper and I just can't afford to buy it to be honest.

I appreciate what you are saying though.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

Just a thought..... As No More Panic is free maybe folks who could use this technology could donate to help with any cost? I personally am not so advanced in terms of technology however if it connects people maybe those folks could contribute

Its a nice idea, but the cost would be prohibitive, to get the features we would need it would be the $400 version, plus you need to pay $100 to set it up and integrate it.

For the amount of users who would need it for ipads etc... the cost would be far too much.

p.s. Java and Flash are alive and well, microsoft will confirm this ! Apple have always liked to use things that dont work with other systems.

hello everyone,
    this would be a great idea NMP on the move so helpful, so why not donate to this idea and is the amount a one time of or yearly?

thank you for all the help we are getting from this site.

Even if it is one time only, it would probably take a lot of members to want it to donate to pay for it all, cant see a handful of members splitting the $500 between themselves

There would also be updates as new ipads and iphones are released after all apple have to make some money somehow? Java and flash are alive and well and soo much more affordable

Wish I could afford a ipad (have a pen and paper if that is the samething). But do have a android phone (new to me) can i get the mnp chat on that as have tried but no luck.

Perhaps we could set up a forum to see how many members would like to be able to use their android/smartphones/ipads/pods etc etc to utilise chat and then see how many respond and see if they would like to buy into the new technology required ?

Now I am off away back to my chalk and board

Macc Noodle

I think it would be a good idea but I don't think it would be something I'd use on my phone.

However there might be a possibly a way to do it if you can get a Java based IRC chat room. There are many IRC clients for Android and I'm sure there are some for Apple devices too. There are a number of Java IRC clients you get can install for free but I am not sure about moderation addons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information