Thread: Newbie Here

Newbie Here

Hey everyone, my name is Judy and I'm new here. I'm very happy I found this site. Looking around it the last couple days I realized how great it is that there are so many people that are able to deal with anxiety and panic and still have hope.

I'm 37 years old. I've been agoraphobic for the last few years. I rarely leave the house except to go to church.

I have a college degree and used to have a good job. Now I'm on disability living with family. I miss my life. I tried everything, so I thought I could learn from others here.

So I look forward to meeting you all.

Hi anna0212

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Newbie Here

Hi Anna how are you.yes you find a lot people here who just like us.

Hi anna0212

Welcome to NMP

Sometimes life deals us a bad card but help and support is out there. You have your faith for comfort and NMP for advice and understanding. The only way now is forward.

Best wishes
    Leonard

Hi Judy, welcome aboard to the NMP family, youre not alone x
    Best wishes, Paula x

Hi. Another new user here

I too suffer from anxiety/agoraphobia. I'm 29 years old and my first severe panic attack happened when I was 16 during school exams so it's something that's affected me my entire adult life to the detriment of my education, career and social relationships.

Like Anna I had trouble leaving the house for a while and I was on medication (low dose of seroxat) for several years but I'm not sure that helped much. I've also had some CBT therapy and found that helpful along with lots of practice and exposure to situations that brought on the panic attacks. However I still have trouble going too far away from home to unfamiliar places. I think the furthest I've managed is about 3 hours away and anything more than about an hour away is still very difficult.

welcome to the forum

Hello, im new to this and not sure what to say really or where to start.
    I am having some health problems at the moment and I really can't face going to see my GP, I know that I am being really stupid but I just cant do it. I am in my 50s and havnt been to see me GP for some years now.
    Hoping to get and return some support.
    Thank you all.
    Mum of one.

Welcome to NMP x x x

'Between the things we fear and the things we see is a world of possibility' - The Haunting

hi anna andi am in a very similar boat i am also 37 and only used to leave the house to go to church, i am getting out and about now still very tricky at times, dont like driving on motorways anymore as feel trapped dont really like going to far from home eather anyway just thought i would say hi

Thread Information