Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dosulepin

Re: Dosulepin

You will have a slight increase in side effects for a day or two with an increase in the dose, with most TCAs they settle more quickly than SSRIs but side effects at 50mg would be minimal as far as I'm aware. It's a dosage that's routinely given to the elderly and people with anorexia nervosa or those who are clinically underweight. In pill form dosulepin is manufactured in 25mg capsules and 75mg enteric coated tablets, so 25mg is the smallest possible increase in dose. Hope it works out for you!

Well, I've been on it for about four weeks now, the last week and a half of which I have been on 75mg.

One thing I will say is that i am sleeping miles better than I was before, and lack of sleep was playing a massive part in my anxiety.

I have had days when I have felt considerably better, and days when I have felt pretty grim still, but I realise that four weeks in and only a week and a bit on the full 75 means I've got to give it more time yet.

No side effects at all (and, christ, this is a blessing after the gibbering wreck Citalopram reduced me to being) other than feeling sluggish in the mornings.

Thus far, it is looking hopeful.

It just numbed my throat bad tonight, still not slept properly.
    Been really confused and seeing things like words differently, dunno if it's the med,
    Waking up in the night around 1am with bad wind and nausea. (most days)
    I've got to start 75mg soon but 50mls liquid is too much numbness.
    Wish I could swallow tablets or even cut in half,

I've noticed that my throat is extremely dry in the mornings, which I think is a side effect of dosulepin

I got tablets and they look like skittles, they won't slip down my throat will they, and choke on them, they aint that big, I swallowed a ball size of a marble when I was younger and had no problems so I should be able to swallow it,
    Just read bit about may cause allergic reaction!. How will I know if im allergic, don't want my throat closing up.

Do you have the 75mg tablets with the hard, shiny coating? Those were my absolute favourites - so easy to swallow and they seemed to work better, but all tablets, even the caplets were much easier than the liquid I had to take when I broke my jaw. No numbing of my throat after taking, and my mouth wasn't as dry the following morning.

A heads up, I found that the first few weeks switching to tablets caused hunger pains at night and quite a dry, sore throat the following morning. Eating a complex carb-heavy supper stopped the hunger pains, and I got a spray for dry mouth from boots which was more effective than my usual 3 cups of decaff to stop my throat from hurting in the morning; it worked within seconds. Bliss!

If you've taken liquid dosulepin before, you're not allergic to it. And if you've taken any form of pill before then you're not allergic to the silica or starch that are used to bulk them up, so it's highly unlikely that you'd react.

Good luck with them!

It's a shiny hard purpley red coating, the liquid always numbs throat so gonna try tablet, i'm gonna go straight from 50ml liquid to 75ml tablet.
    I always get scared starting new meds, i've had the capsules many years ago. But back then I never read side affects, or bothered with them.
    so want them to work 10 weeks and still feel anxious, they get me to sleep straight away but still wake up through night with other health problems

Forgot to mention, is it normal to have increased urination,? I go loo before take it and after I take it i'm desperate for loo again, sometimes stabs my bladder if don't go straight away.

Just taken 75mls and feel bit weird. Took liquid still. Hope I sleep ok.

I can't take tablets, tried but so scared of swallowing them cos they so shiney and might slip down throat. Can't even break them. but I hate liquid taste. Anyway 75mg and still have anxiety.

Like ive said i was up to 125mg and had no luck with a decrease in my anxiety at all so had to swap meds x x

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information