Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dosulepin

Re: Dosulepin

I was on Dosulepin 75mg for 6 months to manage my major depression. It is absolutely a wonderful drug, my depression was under full control in 5 weeks. Thanks to the inventors of this wonderful drug.

I have been on Dosulepin for 8 years now. I had dry mouth when I first started taking it but no side affects at all now. I started of on 100mg and take 50mg now unless I am feeling really anxious then I go to 75mg. One of my doctors tried to change me to Prozac but I was really ill for a week and wouldn't/couldn't get out of bed so I went back to Dosulepin. I have tried to gradually stop taking it but I only get worse so my GP said if it is doing me good then to keep taking it. At times when my anxiety is worse I also take 5mg Chlordiazepoxide.

Dosulepin was the first antidepressant I ever tried and looking back I honestly think it did nothing for me. I gave me horrible indigestion and I would burp constantly so it was really difficult to have a phone conversation as my throat would constantly be gurgling with air. I took this drug for 2.5 years and it made me really sluggish - although I did sleep really well on it - and did nothing for my anxiety whatsoever. However, I have heard some people say it's the best antidepressant they've ever taken.

Dopsulepin made my blood pressure go dangerously high so I was taken off it and put straight onto Cipralex. Cipralex was really really good and although it was hard for the first couple of months, I suddenly felt better and was able to piece my life back together and start leaving the house with the help of Valium as well.

I have been on Citalopram for a couple of years now. At the height of my depression i was on 60mg a day, I have managed to get down to 20mg but recently had a small stress hiccup with work and home so had to go back up to 40mg perday. Last week i went back for a prescription to be told that new EU regulation mean i can not have the same dose as the side affects outway the health benefits!! So the doc cut me to 30mg, needless to say this week is terrible and I'm climbing the walls....
    Today I have gone back to be changed med's and they have prescribed me Dosulepin at 50mg per day. I'm really hoping that this will be ok! They have told me to still take 20 mg this week of the citalopram for a week then down to 10 then off.. so 3 weeks and i should be off them fully and on the new one. Getting quite anxious about the change though.

ive been on 25mg for past few month i am upping them tonight to 75mg as my mood is still low im hoping i feel better on the upped doze ,,hope every 1 is well bev x x x

I have just upped mine back to 100 mg as I have had a really bad week. I have never had any problems upping or reducing the doses.

My GP prescribed this drug to me yesterday despite telling me that he shouldn't really prescribe it as GPs are advised not to now due to its relation to heart problems. I will need regular ECGs.

I was on Dosulepin 8 years ago for a year and was fine. I'm allergic to SSRI drugs so am limited so he sad it better the devil we know, but I'm terrified to start it ow. I'm on 25mg for 3 weeks then he will up it to 50. I used to be on 75mg at night. It worked well for me. I was prescribed it for anxiety.

Has anyone else that's still on it been told about this? Do you have to have ECGs?

I have replied to this Savannah on your other thread.

Thanks Annie

Smile Re: Dosulepin

hi lillyblue well i thought id let you know that dosulepin are just abit smaller than an ibrufine pian killer, sorry about the spelling anyway you are not on your own, as i have experienced some of the effects that you have had so i would not worry to much, as you know our bodys, all react in different ways as we all suffer different side affects. were as some of us suffer no side effects, which depends on what antidepression we are on, as for some of us its a good thing and for the rest of us its a bad thing anyway i hope this helped you abit .

good luck for the future hope you get better soon xxx

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information