Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can feel cervix VERY easily?

Can feel cervix VERY easily?

Hey everyone!

I have been having this for about a week or two now and it's making me very very anxious (I can't go to the Doctor before I get an insurance, and that'll be at the end of this month, at least):

I only noticed this fairly recently, but when I check myself I am able to feel my cervix very very very easily. If I insert my middle finger, it only needs to be in about 2-3 cm before I can feel the tip of the cervix. I can literally feel that my cervix sticks out about 1-2 cm into the vagina and can feel it all around. I'm wondering if this is normal the least?

I've been reading quite a deal about cervical cancer but I don't see to fit any of the symptoms. My periods are good and I don't (have never) bled whilst not during them, nor during any other time, it's just... that I feel my cervix, and it's scary.

I can also feel my bladder very easily through the vagina, for some reason.

There's also a couple other symptoms, though they don't seem related at all:

The first symptom I've had was this constant need to pee, yet when I go to the bathroom, I'm able to pee normally/pee only a couple drops if I haven't drunk anything beforehand. I thought it was an UTI but I have no pain whilst urinating at all. I do get some bladder/urethral pain randomly though? Last night I was sitting on the computer, doing something (during which I COULD NOT go to the bathroom) and I was feeling this terribly, painful need to go the bathroom, like I hadn't gone for hours. When I finally went, it was just a normal amount of pee. Also, the pee is not bloody or anything, just normal.

The second issue is this white discharge and the ITCH. I'm thinking it might be a yeast infection? I just feel always wet down there, and when I check myself, my finger comes out coated in the sticky-ish white discharge.

I also get some pelvic pain, but that seems to have been subduing and it's not as bad as it was before, although sometimes I get this terribly tender/bloated stomach about eating.

Anyway, I was wondering if this has happened to anyone before? If anything, the constant need to pee is really scaring me, because I know it can be a symptom of ovary cancer and I'm only 21 years old. :(

Thanks a lot in advance! *hugs everyone*

Re: Can feel cervix VERY easily?

I know at different times of the month the cervix feels different, I never knew that until I read it somewhere.
    Was it always like that? if it's a sudden change I would so get it checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by mishel View Post
    I know at different times of the month the cervix feels different, I never knew that until I read it somewhere.
    Was it always like that? if it's a sudden change I would so get it checked out.
    It does feel different at different times of the month, but I'm always able to feel it easily when I try to.

And I really wouldn't know, I have just recently started doing check-ups down there and it was always like that since I did.

Hi,

I don't mean any disrespect, but I am wondering exactly why you are feeling your cervix and checking it? If you are consistently putting your finger inside your vagina, this will not help the health of your vagina as germs can transfer from your finger internally. I would see your doctor if you are concerned about your cervix.

Your symptoms sound very much like a UTI. I have had numerous UTI's, and like you, I always thought that these didn't occur without pain, but the last UTI I had hardly any pain, but that horrible urgency to pee. I think that sometimes at the very early stages this may be the case, so I would definitely get to your doctor for a check about that. All they need to do is a dipstick urine test and you will know if it is a UTI or not. The bad urgency combined with the 'no pee' is so classic of a UTI.

Your other symptom does sound like a yeast infection too, as you say. Again this is common and easily solved. You can buy various internal gels or creams to help with that.

Try if you can not to jump to the worst case scenario. Both cystitis/UTI and yeast infections are HUGELY common for women, so it is more likely that nothing serious is going on.

Do go to see your doctor for that urine test.

Take care.x

True yeast infections can cause the area to swell.
    I'm not sure about how a cervix is ment to feel to be honest, so can't help you out there.

Hi
    I agree with debs-sounds like a UTI. I get these a lot and it always starts with urinary urgency and needing to pee often. I dont always get the classic burning/stinging.
    Unless you ve had a few kids already I dont see why you would be able to feel your cervix that low down. Is there a well woman clinic you can go to in your area and get checked ?

I know it's not good to check my cervix often, but I get so anxious about it and have the compulsion to check, just to make sure it's okay... I'll try not to do it again, because it might be where the yeast infection comes from.

As I mentioned in the first post, I am hopefully getting an insurance at the end of the month and definitely want to visit the doctor asap after.

For the UTI: How long does it take for it to "start"? Because I've have been having the urgency for 1-2 weeks and no pain at all yet.

I think it sounds like you are having the symptoms of mild cystitis/UTI but it hasn't gone 'full blown' yet with the bad pain, etc. but it definitely sounds like it needs sorting out. I have had UTI's with burning pain, urgency and abdo pain from the beginning, but also UTI's that have just started with the urgency and no other symptoms have emerged. I guess it depends on the severity.

It may well be that this is something you can sort out yourself if it remains as just mild cystitis. You can buy tablets or powders to mix with water in the chemist, which may be worth a try before you can see your doctor.

Hope you feel better soon as I know the symptoms are awful.xx

Sounds like you might have a slight prolapse, which you can be taught exercises for. You'd have to see your doctor for referral to a physiotherapist.

Also you may have thrush which would cause the thick white discharge. It's easily treated. Have you has any anti-biotics recently? Many women get thrush when they take antibiotics.

if you don't have insurance, could you get an over the counter UTI test? I know they have them in the states.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information