Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting my GP to prescribe me diazepam

Re: Getting my GP to prescribe me diazepam

Another thought - I should think a day or two of diazepam may well break the cycle if you're in a constant state of panic. Why won't he at least give you a break for a couple of days?!

---------- Post added at 19:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
    if I go to another GP, will they not get my records and info etc from him and say the same thing?
    They'll get the records of course but they won't necessarily share the same 'professional' opinion.

I feel like by the end of the week I will either drop out, or kill myself. preferibly the latter, because I have nothing to go home to.

I have some cannabis I ordered online coming tommorow sometime, i'm hoping that will help me.

if I tell my doctor about it, he can't tell anyone right? doctor patient confidentiality? he won't get me booted out of the university will he?

Dont take cannabis, it can be one of the worst things for people with anxiety and can make it much much worse, and also in some cases lead to much longer long term damage.

Although if you have ordered it online, its probably dried nettles or an oxo cube !

Please don't do anyhting silly, maybe u could upp ur cit or try another AD?? some doctors r so against prescribing diazepam, mine does with me as he says he trusts me not to abuse it and i never would.......i actually hate having to take it but sometimes needs must, please don't smoke the cannabis as in the long term it will only make ur anxiety worse, hope u feel better soon
    Nicola xx

If you take a sedative every day for 3 weeks there's a huge change your body will get addicted to it.
    Also you develop a tolerance and will have to keep upping the dose.

How are things today Epsilon? Really hope you're feeling better

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
    I feel like by the end of the week I will either drop out, or kill myself. preferibly the latter, because I have nothing to go home to.

I have some cannabis I ordered online coming tommorow sometime, i'm hoping that will help me.

if I tell my doctor about it, he can't tell anyone right? doctor patient confidentiality? he won't get me booted out of the university will he?
    Firstly (of course) please don't do anything silly...

Please tell your doctor that you feel like this, if you haven't already.

As for cannabis, a friend in the States is actually prescribed it for anxiety and depression, which amazed me, so I've looked into it quite a lot recently. Medical marijuana's now legal in quite a few countries, and eleven (I think) states in the US. He even has a permit to grow it for other people. The thing is they have medical dispensaries that check the quality and recommend different types for different patients. Some types will make you more anxious as others have said, only some types are (apparently) good for anxiety.

If you tell your doctor you're smoking cannabis I don't think he can ethically or professionally tell anyone, no. And surely you can't get booted out of uni unless you get into trouble with the police?

Quote Originally Posted by eight days a week View Post
    And surely you can't get booted out of uni unless you get into trouble with the police?
    might be able to kick me off teh campus accomodation though

I wouldn't have thought so because it breaks the same professional code, and how on earth does he know where you're smoking it anyway?!

Ignore that point, it's irrelevant really (you'll probably get the same reaction from him if you tell him you've bought a bottle of whisky anyway, so if you want to just do that).

I think it's more important you see your doc as soon as you can and tell him how low you've been feeling (the part I put in bold in my last post).

How are you feeling today compared to yesterday?

I went to the shop today and could barely handle it, I think i'm worse every day. i'm going to call them and ask for a phone consultation and tell him i'm dropping out unless he can give me some valium to help (I don't even know if it will work or how much it will help me, but there's nothing left to try)

Have you tried upping your cit? 20mg isnt enough 4 me with my anxiety i needed 30mg last time which ive just upped to today. Nicola x x

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information