Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello everyone! :0)

Re: Hello everyone! :0)

That's exactly why I've come off the medication,I don't want to rely on it,I need to find my own way. I had 2 cycles of counselling throught my GP. The first sessions I had I was so unstable just going on the medication,I couldn't talk to her. The 2nd lot of sessions,I had a few sessions,then my counsellor was off ill long term (nothing to do with me,I don't think!!!! ) So,I was then kinda left out in the middle of no where. I contacted the primary mental health care team,who let me have a couple of sessions with someone different,but she decided,that I needed long term therapy,something that the NHS cannot provide. She did howver throw in that she knew what my problem was,knew how to help,but it would be 'unethical' to tell me,because she couldn't do the sessions with me! For her to say that to me was unethical in itself,totally threw me into turmoil. Anyway,I sought my own private counsellor and I have to say it's crippling me financially,but it's also keeping me sane having some support. I don't know for how long I will be able to afford it though.

Re: Hello everyone! :0)

Yes, nothing long term on the NHS. Must have been a bit upsetting to have someone tell you that they knew what was wrong with you and how to help but wouldn't do it! Crazy!! Good luck with the counselling, it's not for everyone but I've always found it helpful. The only thing I've had from the NHS, apart from pills, is some CBT which has been very stop/start and more stop than start at the moment. Haven't been impressed with it to tell the truth.

Anyway, I'm off to bed now. Hope you find lots more people here to talk to! Night night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information