Thread: Waiting for abortion, bursting into tears and not wanting to go out :(

Exclamation Waiting for abortion, bursting into tears and not wanting to go out :(

I'm waiting for an abortion, it's now Tuesday night, and it will be under general anaesthetic on friday. I'm petrified. My boyfriend knows but no one else. Not even my mum. My anxiety and panic is getting out of control, I get into work and burst into tears and blame it on being really sick with some sort of mystery illness, and then get sent home. I feel completley overwhelmed. I know its the right decision for me, but the stress and secrecy really is too much for me right now. Also I have terrible sickness and its really getting me down and is difficult to hide!

If there are any women who have had this experience, then I'd love to hear from you, or any one with words of support or advice I'd be so so grateful.

But please, I'm finding it very difficult but I have made my mind up, so please don't judge me. I don't need to hear how I'm making a mistake please.

Re: Waiting for abortion, bursting into tears and not wanting to go out :(

Hi Raphaelite

I've not been in your situation but just wanted to say I'm thinking of you. It must have been a very hard decision to make and I'm pleased you've found a decision that is right for you. Nobody should judge you - you have your reasons for making that decision and it's YOUR decision. I can't imagine how you're feeling but I'd say it's perfectly natural. Do you think you could tell your mum, or a friend? Someone who isn't as involved? You and your boyfriend are obviously deeply involved so it may help to have someone who is distanced who could support you. Is your boyfriend supportive?

Do you think going to work is helping? Maybe you could consider taking a couple of days off, especially if you're getting sick. However, it may do you good to keep busy, only you know.

Thinking of you and sending you strength. Hope it all goes okay. x

I have been in your situation, it's really hard waiting as you just want it over. I totally know how you feel. If I was you I would try and get out of work and take it easy. After it was done it was such a relief. You are having to deal with a lot, you will be fine x

hi hun..I too have been in this situation and didnt tell my parents. Its a burden for you,but this time next week you will be feeling better. Its a hard thing to go through even when you dont suffer with anxiety. I agree with the others,take the rest of the week off and be kind to yourself xxxx

I hope you are OK... I too have been in your situation. And yes it is a tough place to be so once it's done don't give yourself a hard time. Be kind to yourself. I was so relieved when it was over. And I joined Abortion rights. xx

Hi there, I too went through this and it's a hard enough thing to do when you feel well never mind when you're suffering with anxiety/panic.

All I can say is, you will get through it. It's a simple procedure and you might feel a bit crampy afterwards, but you will also feel very relieved.

Chin up, don't beat yourself up. xx

Thread Information