Thread: agoraphobic lady from Derbyshire

Smile agoraphobic lady from Derbyshire

Hi folks,

Just joine here today.....I have agoraphobia and I live in Derbyshire - had the condition since about 9.5years old.......Still have it today in my late twenties....I will always be agoraphobic more then likely.....

I did manage to have a brief period where it went away between the ages of 16 and 24.....but it sadly came back a few years ago, to the point where I have been unable to work....I really struggle with this disorder and it makes me very depressed....

Agoraphobia has ruined my life and I would not wish it on anybody.....

I am a suffer of agoraphobia - I hate this condition - It is the worse mental health condition, and sadly, there is a lack of support from the NHS for this condition. I hope to meet others with similiar problems as me.

Hi sjc

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: agoraphobic lady from Derbyshire

Hi sjc<
    welcome to the forum it is very nice to meet you..know that you are not alone here,we are all one big family,and we welcome you...You are not on youre own..Anytime you need us

Hi sjc

Welcome.

I just joined because of the return of anxiety and panic attacks after a gap of about 25 years. (I'm feel a little agoraphobic too at the moment.) I'm hoping it's a blip due to profound stress this year.

You had 8 years trouble free... you say that was brief, but I think that's pretty good going. I'd say if you beat it once for that length of time, there's hope that you can beat it again.

I'm not going to presume to know how you might tackle it (I'm looking Gestalt and CBT), but good luck and I hope you find a way.

Hey up me duck,
    I am in derbyshire also ( just somthing us folks say in derbyshire to say hello in case you was all thinking ......would love to chat anytime, i suffer from depression and panic attacks and when they get really bad i get where i don,t want to go out or be around people......but don,t think its agrophobia but could be just not sure if people can get it at certain times of stress and panic. if that makes sense.
    Manda xx

Hello I'm new too! I think the NHS aren't to good at support for mental health conditions in general - I've had to really fight to get help :( hugs xxx

Hi sjc,

I'm from Derbyshire too, joined today and hoping that being able to talk to others help with my anxiety and depression.

Wishing you all the best.

Angela

Thread Information