Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Atos medical tomorrow :(

Atos medical tomorrow :(

Hi everyone

Ive got my medical tomorrow morning as Ive applied for esa, & Im absolutely s******g myself. Ive been trying not to think about it since I got the letter but its just hit me that I have to go & Im so scared.

Ive never had to do anything like this before - I was working full time until recently. Then I hit a new low & handed my notice in at work as its contributed to my mental health getting worse plus I just couldnt face going back once everyone found out I attempted suicide. I want to work but I just need some time to get myself sorted out first.

So does anyone have any advice on what to expect? Ive got noone to go with me, please help x

Re: Atos medical tomorrow :(

Hi, first thing I have to say is I haven't been to an ATOS medical myself, did they send you a form to fill in or have you just received a letter saying you have to attend? also did the DWP contact you about this?

I will try to advise and support you if I can, I have copied and saved your post.

Try to keep calm, are you sure you cannot find anyone to go with you?

J.

Hi Haziefantazie, yes i was the same as you, gave up my job because of anxiety and depression, and was so worried when i had to go for my medical, cause at the time i was suffering with agraphobia too, however i managed to get there, and it hardly took 5 minutes, just a few questions, but tell them everything you are feeling, try not to worry, it really is'nt bad at all, and takes hardly any time , let me know how you get on and good luck xx

No I didnt get a questionnaire, I was late sending a sick note so I think thats why theyve automatically put me down for a medical. Ive got noone as my family all live miles away and my friends all work

Ok lets have a think...when did the letter arrive? what was the reason for the late sick note.?

Are you able to reach the place you have been told to go easily..

---------- Post added at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pinkdove View Post
    Hi Haziefantazie, yes i was the same as you, gave up my job because of anxiety and depression, and was so worried when i had to go for my medical, cause at the time i was suffering with agraphobia too, however i managed to get there, and it hardly took 5 minutes, just a few questions, but tell them everything you are feeling, try not to worry, it really is'nt bad at all, and takes hardly any time , let me know how you get on and good luck xx
    Pinkdove, have you received the result of your medical?

J.

I got the letter about a week ago, and the sick note was late as I couldnt get an appointment with my doctor. I know I have to go, Ive been told theyll stop my money otherwise. I just hate the thought of someone asking me allsorts of questions, Ive heard horror stories about how the assessors dont listen to you and arent at all understanding. I dont know how I could cope with that

DONOT go there alone take a friend in with you
    tell them to take notes
    good luck
    god bless

That's very short notice and I have the same problem arranging an app't with the doctor.

Have you seen my thread in the Misc section about atos?

I am thinking you should not go to the appointment as you have good reasons not to and are clearly in no condition to attend, this is of course your decision to make I can't tell you what to do, I'm sorry you don't have anyone to go with you...I would if I could for support and to make sure it was done correctly but it would look like I'm some sort of criminal !!!

I'm thinking you should go and explain what has happened about your sick note, go in your scruffy clothes and look down and out etc...its tough to do this I know.

I should mention I have been to quite a few medicals in the past 20 years but not since atos took these over from the DWP/Benefits Agency.

I'll stay online for as long as you like if you need to talk

J.

Ive just had a read of your thread bruno58, it sounds like youre having a nightmare with them. Thank you for your advice, & also london & pinkdove.

My appointment isnt until 10.40 so I think Ill try to ring dwp & atos first thing & see what they say. Maybe if I can get it postponed I might be able to get someone to come with me. Im very scared of them stopping my money as I live on my own & I havent got my housing benefit yet so am in a mess financially already x

hazie you have my sympathy and support, I am trying my best not only for myself but for people like you and all the others, its not good enough we are being treated this way and I will fight until I die to change this disgusting and unacceptable situation, fire and brimstone I will erupt from me I assure you.

Try to phone them but I have read that it is difficult to get through to atos as so many people are ringing, as you may have read I have refused to play...I will post again on that thread tomorrow...just a small update...not much to report at the moment.

If you don't think its practical to attend put your reasons in writing if you can (tomorrow) and tell them, I understand your difficulties and wish I could help at this time but that's not practical either, its up to you if you go or not, you can appeal if they stop or refuse any help as I have done.

sending good thought's to you now

J.
    Last edited by Bruno58; 14-10-11 at 00:01.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information