Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Atos medical tomorrow :(

Re: Atos medical tomorrow :(

Quote Originally Posted by haziefantasie View Post
    I got the letter about a week ago, and the sick note was late as I couldnt get an appointment with my doctor.
    You just need to write a short letter when you send the sicknote in late explaining you couldn't get an appointment in time - of course they understand that (it happens all the time!)

If you feel you can't attend I'm sure it will be fine as long as you let them know (but tell them in no certain terms that you were not able to attend)

Bruno - it is not hard to get through to ATOS, I have phoned them many times, please check your facts before posting advice to others on things like this and possibly worrying them unduly.

I understand your frustrations, completely, but please don't let your experiences cloud your advice to others. Cheers!

eight days a week,
    thank you for your advice, I know my facts as I have first hand experience with atos...I will say that phone calls are not my way of dealing with serious situations as I have had many of those which I now find are useless as I have nothing in WRITING..this is important if you need to go back and quierie (sp?) something which you have been told...believe me its a real problem.

I am looking at the worst case senario and if haziefantasie can get to speak to atos and re arrange the appoinment then I will be pleased...YES?

I do not wish to cause distress to anyone I am trying to help the best I can using my own experience with these people..I trust you can understand this.

John.

P.S. I am not frustrated by the way.....I'm waiting for your response and any further advice you can give me.
    Last edited by Bruno58; 14-10-11 at 01:00.

Well I rang dwp first & they said it was nothing to do with my sick note, it was just my time to attend. She said it was weird that I hadnt had an esa50 questionnaire though so she advised me to call atos & check. They said that it didnt matter, I needed to attend anyway.

So I managed to get myself together & go, & it wasnt as bad as I had expected. The lady seemed nice & it lasted about 20 mins I think. I keep thinking of things I shouldve said though, such as my lack of concentration. My mind kept going blank when I was there. Ill just have to wait & see what happens I guess. Am glad its over & done with now anyway, thanks again for all the support x

did any one go with you
    how did you get there
    god bless

I went on my own & got the metro, it was only 10 mins from home. She did ask me that in the interview, am guessing itll go against me. Im expecting the worse to be honest, I really cant see me passing it x

dont give up yet
    god bless

So I managed to get myself together & go, & it wasnt as bad as I had expected. The lady seemed nice & it lasted about 20 mins I think. I keep thinking of things I shouldve said though, such as my lack of concentration. My mind kept going blank when I was there. Ill just have to wait & see what happens I guess. Am glad its over & done with now anyway, thanks again for all the support x
    They seem very nice and understanding in my experience, and then you get the results back and see they gave you no points To be honest I think their standard practice is to try to fail everyone with mental health issues and then see how many bother to appeal...if you go as far as tribunal you have a great chance of passing, as they actually listen to you and give you time (again in my experience) and actually properly assess your condition. Many people with mental health challenges won't feel able to get that far and give up too soon, which imho is partly what they're counting on, it's scandalous

I went on my own & got the metro, it was only 10 mins from home. She did ask me that in the interview, am guessing itll go against me. Im expecting the worse to be honest, I really cant see me passing it x
    Being able to go ten minutes from home doesn't equal being able to bloody work!! Best of luck to you, well done for making it

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno58 View Post
    eight days a week,
    thank you for your advice, I know my facts as I have first hand experience with atos...I will say that phone calls are not my way of dealing with serious situations as I have had many of those which I now find are useless as I have nothing in WRITING..this is important if you need to go back and quierie (sp?) something which you have been told...believe me its a real problem.

I am looking at the worst case senario and if haziefantasie can get to speak to atos and re arrange the appoinment then I will be pleased...YES?

I do not wish to cause distress to anyone I am trying to help the best I can using my own experience with these people..I trust you can understand this.

John.

P.S. I am not frustrated by the way.....I'm waiting for your response and any further advice you can give me.
    Hi John,

Firstly, sorry for possibly appearing to be like a cross teacher. When I was able to last work I was for many years - you guessed it! - a cross teacher

By 'your frustration' I meant your background of frustration over your fights with ATOS. I've read all about them from your posts and completely understand where you're coming from, and support you in all that you do

I understand that it's often best to have everything in writing if you can, but don't think that was necessary here, and really my only point was that I've never found it at all hard to get them on the phone when you need to.

I hope I've explained myself properly and wish you all the best

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your PM...

John.

P.S. Its all sorted now folks and we are contact.

I understand completely what you are going through.

I've been off work since November last year due to Anxiety (long story but have basically been the victim of a conman who has ruined my life, possibly my career and devistated my family - now we're in the middle of a complicated fraud investigation with the police). I had my medical on 14th October 2011 but haven't yet had a result in writing. On 29th October, I received a letter to tell me about the changes to ESA for those receiving contribution based ESA and in the Work Related Group. I rang the ESA people this morning to ask if this was a standard letter to everyone or was I in the Work Related Group - and they confirmed that I have passed the medical

I think i'm still in shock at getting through it. I was a bag of nerves leading up to the assessment and went to pieces during the assessment. I couldn't even leave the building for 1/2 hour after the assessment as I was in a right state. Even my doctor had warned me that he knew of very few people with mental health issues who passed.

I've worked for my company for the last 25 years and they are keeping my job open for me until i'm well enough to return and I did tell them this during the assessment but I know I'm not ready to go back to work yet. (To make it worse, I work in Financial Services so being the victim of all this fraud won't go down well with my job).

I just wanted to tell people not to give up with this medical and automatically think you will fail it. I'm proof that some of us do get through. Good luck everyone.

As I predicted I failed the medical, just found out today. Dont know what on earth Im going to do now, am so fed up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information