Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a friend

Need a friend

Hey guys,
    I joined up to this site to find people I can relate to. I have a few friends but none of them understand the everyday battle I have with anxiety and half of them don't quite get the extremity of the situation for me.
    I'm just hoping to find some people out there that feel the same as me, and find a friend I can turn to when they happen and of course I'll be there for them too. I'm getting to the end of my tether with them now.
    I started university in September and I am in a job I absolutely despise so everything is getting to me and making me nervous.. I end up wide awake most nights and too tired to do anything with my days.

Anyone feel similar to me?

Would really appreciate someone to talk to xx

Re: Need a friend

Hey hun, i can totally relate to how ur feeling, i suffer anxiety and panic attacks and just started AGAIN on citalopram, do u take any meds for ur anxiety?
    Nicola xx

Hiya it definately helps to know your not alone with this.. which you are not Its really hard when friends dont know what you going through an you feel no one understands. But il always chat if u need someone to talk to ..

hey hun i too suffer really bad panic and anxiety just finished my two year beauty therapy course how i did i still don't know i cannot work now mine are that bad did have a couple of months relied but this week i have gone back to square one x

Hiya everyone, thanks for your replies.
    It's nice to know I'm not alone, and I know there will be people out there far worse than me.. it just gets on top of me sometimes.

No Nicola, not on any meds. I was prescribed citalopram and diazepam at the age of 15 but I didn't start the course, I felt as if I was too young and I wanted to try and beat them myself. I had counselling at 18 and it really did help me so thinking of asking about it at the university

Thanks for that 12ema, I will probably spend a lot of my time on this site from now on.

Aww sorry to hear that emmi, have you tried counselling or medication? It's nice to let all your feelings out and have somebody boost your confidence. Just remember how hard you worked to get the job you love and don't let them beat you! If you feel anxious let it run it's course and the fear soon goes away, if you discuss it with an employer I am sure they'll be willing to help xx

Hi Gembutt,,,
    i can relate .my family are like that with me..i get the get yourself together dont be so weak and selfish ............ If you ever need to private message me ,please do not hesitate....Im here for you

Hiya Sarahlou! Thanks for the message
    My mum is amazing with me, she has been so helpful but the rest of them mock me, like they're an overreaction and sometimes that I'm craving attention but I'd rather be ignored forever than use these for attention!

It's sad that your family are like that too, they dont understand until they have been through it themselves. Are you having anything to cope with them? xx

the sad thing is my dad has been through it so you think he would be more simpathetic ........ im due to have counselling next week so it would nice to have someone to talk to

Yeah he should be, he should know how terrifying they are!
    Oh good luck with them sarah! They did help me out a lot, the woman had the most calming voice and she taught me the square breathing technique which used to help me when I was on public transport! xx

helloooo, I never knew how many people this affects it's crazy! Mine happened literally over night, i was in a car accident and the panic attacks began from travelling, into everyday things like going out with friends, college, bus/train journeys.. and like you hardly any of my friends understand which is why i think this medical condition needs be raised in awareness! it's horrible to have this, and i feel like a completely different person at the moment, all my confidence has gone.. i've left college because i had bad experiences of panic attacks on the bus journey there, and in lessons, and I'm jobless! it's all gone downhill, i was seeing a therapist but started to get better so stopped going, now everything has gone back to square one and i had my first panic attack today in about 2 months! my grandad previously suffered from this when he was younger so that explains a bit. i hate the fact everyone thinks you're lying or you're not in as much pain and suffering as you say you are, I wouldn't wish this condition on anyone it's awful. xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information