Thread: Pimple-like breast bump/lump?

Pimple-like breast bump/lump?

Ok so today when I was changing I noticed a large red pimple like bump on my left breast. It's about an inch away from my areola, so more like the top part of my breast. It's kinda sore to the touch but not really painful. If I press on it, it feels like a hard knot right under the bump. Has anyone had this? I'm hoping it's just a pimple or bug bite as I don't remember having it yesterday. Can a cyst develop that fast and look like a pimple? Of course me being a hypochondriac I also wonder if it can be breast cancer, although I dont think breast cancer lumps can be seen by the naked eye. I had a full physical with breast exam in July so I'm hoping it's nothing serious but I'm starting to worry! :(

Re: Pimple-like breast bump/lump?

Well there's cystic acne, I've gotten one or two on my face and on my shoulder, so I'm sure you can get it on your breast too.
    It's Likely the hair folical just got infected, I would try some ice on it .

I get little red pimples on my breasts, sometimes they have a pink area around them as well and they take about 3 days for the pink area to go down and up to a week for the pimple to go away. Many many years ago when I first had one I freaked but they are just pimples like you can get anywhere on your body.

I live near a saltmarsh and we have awful mosquitos ( thankfully UK ones are disease free!) that give terrible bites. I have a bad one on my arm at the moment but last year I woke up in the morning after stupidly sleeping with the window open and I had two on my left breast. Bug bites give a big hard lump under the skin so if felt like in my breast and then a large pink hot area around plus they are very very itchy especially if touched. They took about 2 weeks to go away.

If its a bug bite or normal pimple then it will have cleared up in a couple of weeks so I would wait and see - obviously if it gets really inflamed and painful then you have got an infected whatever and need to see a Dr.

Bug bites itch/pimples don;t. Hope this helps

HI there, I had the exact same thing a few weeks ago it came up over a couple of hours and was quite red and felt hard on surface of skin. I panicked completely but by next evening it had started to go down, had it been anywhere else on my body I would not have thought twice about it but anything boob related gets me so panicy. hope you feel better soon x
    Last edited by Aycie; 14-10-11 at 11:52.

Thank you all for your replies...it helped ease my mind! I feel the same way Aycie...anywhere else on my body and I wouldn't be so worried. I will wait a week or so and if it's not getting better or worse, I will make an appointment to see my doctor. So far, today it looks the same but it hasn't even been 24 hours from when I first noticed it. Thanks again xx

Thread Information