Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any tips for dealing with anxiety while at work?

Any tips for dealing with anxiety while at work?

Any tips for dealing with anxiety while at work?

I have just started a new job and feel like pooh, I just keep worrying that I am under performing, which is obviously not going to help.

Plus I suffer with health anxiety issues which just makes things even more difficult to deal with as everything gets blown out of proportion even down to the smallest thing can start a panic attack.

So anyone got any tips for dealing with this at work ?

Just re-started my medication thsi week, so hopefully things will brighten up soon :(

The medication should help you. If i get panic/anxious at work i try to take control with some deep breathing and going to my 'safe place' in my mind, visualise I'm somewhere else, relaxing, until the feeling passes. I know its hard, at lunch go for a walk, get out of environment for a while. I have a very stressful job, and I have to put strategies in place to cope, I'm off at the moment because i didn't keep to it, it has to become a habit. Hope this helps you and well done on your new job.
    Take care

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Hi Richard,

I would probably give the same advise. Deep breathing usually helps. I also keep some herbal calm tablets in my draw incase things get a bit much. My work don't even know about my anxiety. My old work place did. I also find if things get a bit much I just take a few minutes out, go out side and get a bit of fresh air and gather myself and try to stay focused.

Good luck.

.......Is your past barging in on your future? Make a better 2morrow 2day.......

Hi Richard

I think the key is too stick with it, you are doing well to keep goin and try and use work as a distraction, I went of Sick in Jan due to my anxiety and found it very hard to make myself go back, I developed a total aviodance to the place and now have returned it is very hard to get back in the swing

Im sure you are not under performing, anxiety can make us very self critical and low in confidence, Once you have settled in more you may make some good friends in your workplace who you can confide in and who will help you through it

Your are doing well, stay postive and you will come tho this,

Good luck!

Wendy x

Hi Richard - I agree with all the advice given - especially getting out at lunch, I found that really helped when I was at my worst. Also keep some water and some healthy snacks with you - I feel so much better when I'm hydrated and not hungry. Also having a glug of water is a good distraction.
    Stick with it
    Love Helen

Healthy..... Ok today I have a draw full of bananas and museli bars lol.... and now i make sure i always have a large glass of water on my desk with about 4-5 drops of bach's resuce remedy slipped in.... so far so good.... well today at least..

Do you sit at a desk or do you have a more active job? I have always had desk jobs and I found that (when I was allowed) I would play a computer game or log on here when I was feeling anxious or panicky at work.

Agree'd.

Desk jobs are the worst. Your mind wanders no end. Try to keep occupied.

-----------------------------
    I want to go up to my anxiety, smile, put my arm around it and say to it caringly, 'Hey! How are you? How's your day been?'

Then, just as its about to answer me, I wanna throw a sack over it and give it a hiding within an inch of its life.

That would be nice.

Hi

As you can see from my post in this section 'Going back to work after 2 years' i know exactly how u feel as i get health anxiety too.
    Workings not much fun when your feeling rotten with anxiety, but i coped with distraction and busying myself so i didnt have time to let the anxiety kick in. set yourself mini goals. maybe to complete so much in half an hr then have a breather,or a walk about for a minute. once your concentrating hard on reaching your own little goals you'l be a bit distracted.
    have you tried rescue remedy? i put 4 drops in a bottle of water at work and just sip it all through my shift, just takes the edge of the anxiety a bit.

x

bubblestar,

yes ia m doing that.... not sure its helping, but trying it anyway...

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">i make sure i always have a large glass of water on my desk with about 4-5 drops of bach's resuce remedy slipped in.... so far so good.... well today at least..

<div align="right">Originally posted by Richard Smith - 23 May 2006 : 11:39:21</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information