Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emetophobia :(

Re: Emetophobia :(

I have this fear too. I've had it since very young, when I get ill and feel sick I start having a panic attack because I think I'll be sick.If I actually am sick I start to cry and shake. If someone says they feel sick I just run away I can't handle it. I can't even watch a tv show in if they are sick I just cry.

am also emetophobic & have been since i was about 11yrs old now 29 i HATE every minute of it am ok with otheres bein sick i can look after my kids clean it up etc but i still freak out in my mind about all the what ifs but i just try and keep busy and ignore it, i also sufer with bad acid :-( and when it kicks off i get bad nausea & IBS also causes my nausea to kick off i cant win, i just no that i would love a normal life i have seen so many people doctors/ counsellors etc and am still the same xx

thankyou folks for making see i am not alone with this horrid feeling and as the norovirus starts doing the rounds down here im feeling absolutely at wits end , i spent 12 yrs on a RNLI Lifeboat and helped clean and look after sea sick folks helping ill and deceased folk and touch wood was never sea sick but my sympathys goto those that are its awful , i then did a further 5yrs as a HM Coastguard cliff rescue climber and helped ill and deceased folks then all of a sudden yes no one likes it but it has started to control my life since being diagnosed with Dystonia and OCD its gone into overdrive , i just wanna hide away for a month , lock myself away avoid everyone , it effects my relationship with my kids as when they come home from school im looking for signs of anything and tbh i sooo angry with myself and feel stupid but just cant cope , hypnotherapy is something im going to look into , is this a well known term for this phobia that medical professions and docs will know what it is ?

Happy new yr folks may the sun shine on us all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information