Thread: Cost of CBT

Cost of CBT

Does anyone know how much a session of CBT costs if you go private? I don't really want it on my medical notes, which it will be if I go to my GP.
    There is a therapist in my town that I'm thinking of seeing but I don't want to re-mortgage my house to pay him!!

On the other hand I think it would be worth any amount of money to stop feeling like this:(

Hi there,

CBT costs really seem to vary from area to area, I paid £95 a session (an hour) when I went privately. At the time most CBT in my area was £120 plus. The cheapest I have since seen in my area is £75 a session. In some areas others seem to have got it for less though.

Good luck,

Lisa

Hi Sandi - I paid £80(I think!) for a home visit. It was slightly cheaper if I went to him. I only saw him once as I didn't feel comfortable with him.
    Have a look on http://www.babcp.org.uk/ you can find a therapist and e-mail them to find out about fees.
    Love Helen

hi there,

i'm currently having CBT at £47 per session. the price seems to range greatly, in my experiance anything from £40 - £150 is about normal. some theapists have a sliding price scale, mine did and has dropped the cost for me. good luck
    xx

"A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Thread Information