Thread: Going to the doctor over BC worry!

Going to the doctor over BC worry!

Hi ladies!
    So on Thursday I noticed what looked like a bad pimple or bug bit on my upper left breast (near areola). I showed it to my sister and mom who agreed that it didn't look like anything too bad and to give it a few days to see if it goes away.

Well not only hasn't it gone away but now looks like a weird bruise or love bite! I must say that it doesn't itch or hurt in anyway. I spent the last two days googling what it could be (SHAME ON ME!!) and the results I've been getting are sooooo scary...inflammatory breast cancer. This is the rarest and deadliest form of breast cancer there is and so of course I've convienced myself I have it!

Can't stop crying..don't want to leave my family - especially my little girl. On top of that I had the worst panic attack last night and I feel another one coming on as my appointment gets closer. I leave in an hour and am beyond scared!! Please send some positive vibes my way..I need them now more than ever!!!

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

Update: Ok I'm back from the doctor and he says he could feel what he believes is a small cyst right where the weird spot is. He told me he is positive it's not cancer but since I am having so much anxiety over it, he would order an ultrasound which should confirm if it is indeed a cyst. He showed me how the bump under the spot moves and is not a hard, unmovable lump. The fact that he could move it around between his fingers is a good sign that it is benign.

Also he claims that there are usually no lumps or cysts present when dealing with inflammatory breast cancer. He spent quite some time with me and told me that after the ultrasound I should come back if the red area hasn't improved within a week..then we can discuss a biopsy which I really want because I read it's the best way to diagnose IBC. I will keep you guys posted in case anyone else has been having similar concerns. I am just happy he is being proactive and not blowing me off!

Re: Going to the doctor over BC worry!

Hope the tests go well. See what googling did for you? Please try not to do it! There's lots of us here to help!

I know I shouldn't ... It's become an obsession at this point! I've been pretty good for a while, but when I am extra concerned about anything, I always google and scare myself in the process! HA is truly an awful thing to have :(

I know how your feeling worrying.
    I'm going through the same kind of thing. I found a lump and mine is hard. My doctor sent me to the Breast clinic and there they confirmed it was indeed a lump. I'm now waiting for an appiontment to have a scan. They said it could take up to 6-8 weeks. I've been devistated by this and i have 3 children to care for, all i keep thinking is i can't die! i need to live and i can't have Cancer!
    I haven't stopped crying and getting myself worked up to the point i feel like i can't breath. I do hope your results come back with good news for you, i really do. And like myself you have got to try and stop worrying it can eat you up inside.

Well my ultrasound came back fine..while I was there the nurse was so nice and explained that the majority of lumps (80-90%) are not cancer! That made me feel so much better. My breasts get really lumpy right before my period, so I know how scary it is to find a lump. I know waiting is the hardest..with such severe HA I've had to wait for so many tests .. Crying and panicking over dying and leaving my young daughter without a mom. It's horrible I know, but worrying and crying doesn't make any difference. It just causes us to get depressed and not Be able to enjoy anything. I am so sorry you have to wait..there is nothing I can say to stop you from worrying as it programmed in our minds as women when it comes to our breasts..we are constantly bombarded with cancer by the media. I am not going to tell you not to worry, because it's almost impossible when our minds are always geared toward thinking worse case scenario but I do hope you can find some time throughout each day you wait to spend some good quality time with your family and try to keep busy as much as possible. Maybe you'll be able to get your mind off of it ever now and again. Keep us posted on your results! Hugs xx

Thats fantastic newsI'm so pleased for you. I'm sure now you can rest easy and sleep at night.

Thread Information