Thread: Had my referral . . . ..

Had my referral . . . ..

Morning

I have been and had an assessment this morning with a view to some therapy.

I think, although not considered on paper apparently, that I am suffering from PTSD from nearly half a life time ago.

I understand the scoring system and that each and every patient has to be assessed by some sort of method but, I think they got me all wrong..

I've posted before about this but, I was involved in a serious RTA when I was loads younger and it STILL to this day cuts me up inside....

I left the appointment really quite upset and I NEVER EVER cry but I did.

I suppose I sort of thought this could be a turn around in my life and I feel as alone and misunderstood as ever....

I know I should be grateful I am not nearly as bad as many people on here but I am so not the person I want to be.

I drove home, tears rolling down my face and suddenly realised that the pain inside of me is like a bereavement I am experiencing.

I know I will get over today but I do not want to take this any more.

As I said, I never cry but I cannot stop - it is like this thing only happened yesterday.

Had to post this as nobody else would really get this.

Re: Had my referral . . . ..

Hi Jay

Very sorry to hear that you felt so low after your appointment.

Did the therapist say that they will still try to address your concerns about the RTA regardless of the assessment score - you are obviously still in great distress about it so it clearly needs to be addressed?

keep in mind that you can tell the therapist that you want to work on this particular issue - as the patient you will know what you are feeling more than the therapist.

Don't be afraid to bring this up and talk about it at the next session.

Have you had a look at any books using CBT for PTSD? You may gain some insight from them.

Robin

Re: Had my referral . . . ..

Hi Robin

Thnx for the reply.

I am not sure if I am going to follow up the options available, "Beat the Blues" doesnt really sound like it is for me.

I dont want to come across as that I know better than an advisor but, I think I know what help I want.

I did feel rather silly afterwards, although upset, and felt like my issues were regarded as relatively minor and not really worthy of attention.

I am pretty good at putting a smile on things and on reflection after the meeting I realised there were/are loads of things I wish I had mentioned.

Nevermind, things could be a lot worse and I know I am lot better off than many.

Thank you again for you advice.

Thread Information