Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: hello everyone

hello everyone

hi my name is mandy, im 40 years old.
    i have had anxiety and deppression for 7 years now, iwas on seroxat but my doctor has now put me on lustral and now i have all the anxious feelings coming back.
    i really want to beat this i think how dare this illness come into my body and disrupt my life when i was so happy, i have 4 children ages 17 to 5, i was married but we have just seperated as i feel my husband does not understand what im going through.
    take care love mandy x

mandy dennis

Hiya Mandy,

Welcome to the site.

Have a good look around at all the postings, lots of good info there from fellow sufferers.

Kate x

Hi Mandy

Welcome to the site. I am glad to see that you managed to register ok in the end.

Sorry to hear that you and your husband have separated because of your illness - it must be hard for you on your own.

A lot of us are lucky and have understanding partners but there are an equal amount that don't get the support they deserve and need.

Take a look around and ask any questions you want to ok?

Nicola

Hi Mandy ,

Were your meds changed as they weren't helping you ?

You're quite right, most peole don't understand unless they've experienced it personally or something similar .

What are you doing to help yourself

Meg

"Come to the edge."
    "We can't. We're afraid."
    "Come to the edge."
    "We can't. We will fall!"
    "Come to the edge."
    And they came.
    And he pushed them.
    And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

hi mandy ,welcome to the site its wonderful everyone here are fab. sorry to hear you are going through difficult times. have a good look on the site it has such alot of useful infomation. take care love from mary x

hi meg
    the reason why my doctor changed my tablets is that he is a new doctor and he says that he dosnt like to prescibe them and he has had a few people in saying they could not come off them, so he put me on lustral saying that they were easyer to come off.
    im not doing that much at the moment to help myself im just living with it but there is an holistic centre in town and i have heard that reiki helps so i will be giving that a bash. i also walk my dogs everyday so that is my exercise!! the thing that is really doing my head in is when i wake in the morning that horrible churning is in my stomach and i can never shift it even with positive thoughts.
    take care mandy xx
    quote:Originally posted by Radar

Hi Mandy ,

Were your meds changed as they weren't helping you ?

You're quite right, most peole don't understand unless they've experienced it personally or something similar .

What are you doing to help yourself

Meg

"Come to the edge."
    "Come to the edge."
    "Come to the edge."
    And they came.
    And he pushed them.
    And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

mandy dennis

Hi Mandy,

You doctor is correct in that Seroxat can be particularly difficult to come off. Did it help , is the Lustral helping ?

Try a good few swigs of tonic or soda water to get good burps going.It won't cure it altogether but will release the gas that you're producing with the churning, which can be uncomfortable. Also eat someting like banana , nuts each hour or two to give tummy something to churn with.

Hope you're on Vit B and off the caffiene..

Meg

"Come to the edge."
    "Come to the edge."
    "Come to the edge."
    And they came.
    And he pushed them.
    And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

hello meg,
    thank you for getting back to me,i dont really know if the lustral is working yet as i have only been taking them for two weeks and i dont feel any diffrent only that i have anxiety again.
    thank you for the ideas on how to help the churning i will most deffently try that.
    im not on vitamin b, will they be ok to take with the lustral?
    i only drink cups of tea and they are really weak .
    thanking you mandy xx
    quote:Originally posted by Radar

Hi Mandy,

You doctor is correct in that Seroxat can be particularly difficult to come off. Did it help , is the Lustral helping ?

Try a good few swigs of tonic or soda water to get good burps going.It won't cure it altogether but will release the gas that you're producing with the churning, which can be uncomfortable. Also eat someting like banana , nuts each hour or two to give tummy something to churn with.

Hope you're on Vit B and off the caffiene..

Meg

"Come to the edge."
    "Come to the edge."
    "Come to the edge."
    And they came.
    And he pushed them.
    And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

mandy dennis

hello kate ,
    just a thank you for the welcome.
    its nice to know that there are people who care and are going through the same things.
    thanks again love mandy x
    quote:Originally posted by kate_r

Hiya Mandy,

Welcome to the site.

Have a good look around at all the postings, lots of good info there from fellow sufferers.

Kate x
    mandy dennis

hi nicola,
    thanks for welcoming me to the group.
    im not to bothered about me and my husband he was more of a hindrance really!!the worry i have is finding somewhere to live, as my husband is in the army the house goes with his job, this makes it 10 times worse when you are suffering.
    anyway its nice to know that i can come on this site with fellow sufferers. thanks again mandy xx
    quote:Originally posted by nomorepanic

Hi Mandy

Welcome to the site. I am glad to see that you managed to register ok in the end.

Sorry to hear that you and your husband have separated because of your illness - it must be hard for you on your own.

A lot of us are lucky and have understanding partners but there are an equal amount that don't get the support they deserve and need.

Take a look around and ask any questions you want to ok?

Nicola
    mandy dennis

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information