Thread: i cant handle it ='( please help

Unhappy i cant handle it ='( please help

im so depressed because of my anxiety , im arguing constantly with my mum , she thinks i cant be bothered and i can i just have no confidence left to believe that i can do things.

ive lost loads of my friends and i face being kicked out of college because i missed a week and missed loads of work =(

has anyone gone through this and come out being better?

please help ='( i'm in a bad state

http://beginnersbeauty.com/
    My Blog =)

>>> UPDATED!!!!! www.anxietyforteens.weebly.com<<<

Recovered from Panic attacks , now recovering from Anxiety - nearly there!

Re: i cant handle it ='( please help

Hey Hannah,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so bad. I think we've all argued with our mums at some point. It can be difficult for people to understand depression - I was labeled 'lazy' by my parents, but they seem to understand it a bit better now.

Sometimes what can seem like them getting on at us is just their way of trying to help us. They may think they are giving us motivation, when in fact hey are making us feel bad. This means they care though, as they wouldn't bother otherwise.

It might be worth getting a doctors note to back up your point with your tutors. There was a college councilor where I was - if nothing else, it's a good way of validating your position.

Watching your videos you've been through a lot, especially at such a young age. You come across as kind, intelligent and honest. Having a genuine interest in what you're studying makes a big difference, which you seem to have.

I know a week seems like a lot, but you can get back on top of it. I've had to do this a few times, even missing a couple of weeks at one point. We had an online student thing where you could download course material. Do you have anything like that?

It's not easy losing friends, especially when you're going through a tough time. You're still pretty young and real friends tend to be the ones who stick with you in bad times as well as good. Half my friends are ones I've made in my twenties or late teens, the other half are friends who stuck with me when things were bad.

Things can sometimes seem hopeless or overwhelming when we're in a bad state, but that's because our depression makes us lose our objectivity and distorts our view. Despite everything that you've been through, you've managed to seek professional help, which is a big hurdle for a lot of people. You're actively trying to overcome this and help others at the same time, that takes a lot of courage and spirit. You've started a course at college and you're trying your best, which is all anyone can ask of themselves.

Sorry for such a long post. I just wanted to say that we all go through bad patches, but things almost always get better.

Akira

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Lol you should meet my family!
    I just gave up trying to explain, but you could try to get a therapist to explain your situation to your mum.
    Or maybe write her a letter as she would have to read it and absorb what it says.
    But over all you do need help, most friends will let you down and that can be really hard.
    Thing with depression is you need to find your own way out :(
    I found medication and therapy very helpful when I was depressed .
    I think the hardest part is how everyone seems more concerned about college, money , housework etc. , over your feelings , I found that made me feel a bith worthless .

It will get better.

I suffered for 9 months this year with depression caused by anxiety/panic attacks. It's the worse feeling in the world isn't it? You don't want to do anything, want to hide away and not engage with anything and I found it so hard to keep on working - staying at home sometimes as just couldn't face it.

I finally sought help in a counsellor which helped in a big way but was still sufferring depression. I eventually saw the doctor who gave me medication and I just had to tell people at work and friends what I'd been sufferring with.

It's not easy and one day, something will click and you'll suddenly realise you are feeling better. It took 5 weeks before my meds kicked in and I suffered really bad side effects.

But it's just over 3 weeks now and I'm feeling fantastic. I'm back to my old self, I enjoy the things I used to which I never ever thought I would ever get back to. When you're down, it seems there's no way out and you're never going to get better. But just take it hour by hour and you'll soon realise you've had a good hour or so, which turns into days and then weeks. I still got set backs but I knew how to handle them from the counselling sessions and I'm finding now if the anxiety starts to creep back, it's gone within a few secs. I've been fine now for weeks which is such an improvement and after 9 months, I never thought I would see myself happy again.

But you will get there. You just need to find what works for you. Counsellor helped me but it was the medication which finally helped kick out the bad feelings and depression. I still go to my counsellor to ensure I'm fully stocked up on how to handle things.

And talking to people really did help. When I was depressed talking sometimes helped and sometimes not. But once I started to feel better, I found my true friends and those who supported me through it to help me get to the other side.

Hope this helps somewhat but I know you're probably feeling really low. It will get better. Everything takes time.

xx

Thread Information