Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Happens Next Please?

What Happens Next Please?

i recieved a letter today regarding my capability for work test, it was good news , i have been granted esa in the support group, which the letter states i don`t have to attend meetings at the job centre, unless i volunteer to. what i want to know is how long will they leave me alone for, the stress of going through all this has put me back health wise, and i could really do with some breathing space to get my life back on track and hopefully work to overcome my health problems, which is really a long term project, do they re-asess me in six months time or will they leave it longer, would hate to go through it all again in such a short time, as this will put my health back to square one, also should i ask for a copy of my medical report? i don`t really want to speak to them, but i would be interested in how they scored me, any advice would be welcome, thanks in advance

Re: What Happens Next Please?

thanks for your help, don`t know why i bother with this site

I am sorry nobody could answer your questions - it is frustrating isn't it. I posted on here and nobody answered but I suppose the truth is no one had the answer!!! I am afraid I can't help at all as I have no experience of your situation - I just wanted you to know that you weren't being ignored! Can the people who assessed you for esa help?

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question either - but it's good that they say you don't have to attend the job centre, unless you volunteer. Hopefully someone will come along and give you some advice, but I'm not sure if anyone knows as this is all pretty new.

All the best.

Wendy

this is how it worked out for me, everyone is going to be different thou,

by being in the support group you got a higher score than me, so they should not bother you to do anything in relation to getting yourself ready for work.

I went for my assessment with Atos, then a week later i got the letter stating i was in the work related activity group, then a week later from this i was called by the esa lady at the job centre, she asked me to come in for a chat to see what she could do to help me! It was in a totally different part of the job centre (she was lovely, it turned out i didnt have to do anything more, and she said i just need to take time to get better)

I was due to have my case reviewed in June, which would have been 6 months on from my first assessment with Atos. It is now November and they have only just called me, i have to go see Atos on Friday.

There is a huge backlog that Atos has to get through, so you dont need to worry, and as you are in the support group they dont expect you to get ready for work sometime in the future, they are supposed to leave you alone as you got the maximum points in the Atos medical.

If you are concerned you can always give them a call to see when your case is up for review

thanks for your help, i got a copy of thr dr`s report, but it was just his observations, there was no score mentioned regarding points scored, i wll get my advocate to ring them up to find out when a re-assesment is due, as they don`t seem to respond very well when i phone, thanks for your help again, i hope they just leave me alone for a while now, as my condition isn`t going to change any time soon, and having atos playing on my mind, just makes my condition worse

Quote Originally Posted by freefee View Post
    thanks for your help, don`t know why i bother with this site

A bit harsh I thought. It is a panic and anxiety site not one that deals with benefits etc so people may not reply if they have no knowledge of this sort of thing.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

your entitled to your opinion, as am i, health issues and benefits go hand in hand for many people, and i am sure many people have had issues with atos and the dwp, i am certain many people who use this site have had the same problems as me, and i was looking for their input, thanks again

I didn't say you couldn't ask the question I was saying that your tone was a bit rude that is all.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi freefee, sorry I can't keep up with this kind of question..wish I could..

If you haven't seen my thread here take a look...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=101021

Like most others I can't answer your question either! they are a law unto themselves...Until I change it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information