Thread: Throat Muscle twitching

Throat Muscle twitching

Hello everyone. Well its been a while for me being on here at things have been great and i am engaged now and soon to be married to the love of my life. But i have developed a symptom about 2-3 weeks ago that is worrying me now.

I have this local muscle twitching in my throat. I have a scare on my neck (front) about half away across where i had surgery to remove a cyst from there 10 years ago. I suffered some nerve damage in that area the docs said after surgery since they had to cut me open, but it wasnt ever anything bad, just that side of my neck has always felt a like a slight bit numb hardly noticeable. Now though on that side near my adams apple i am getting constant muscle twitching there daily. Last few days its seems to be getting worse and i guess maybe cuz now i am focused on it and its raising my anxiety. I can still swallow and its nothing painful, but just constant contracting and twitching in that same area of my neck.

I dont know if i should get it looked at or not or how long i should wait this out. What could it be and why? Anyone have any idea here? Hope everyone is doing well I just wish this twitching would stop. :S

Re: Throat Muscle twitching

Oh wow that surgery sounds a bit scary, well done on getting threw it ok!
    Hmm I get a lot of twitching, sometimes in my neck, on the outside beside my Adams apple, but only for a few seconds, it can feel like tapping or pulling.

For nerve damage I think you see a Neurologist , they can do CT/MRI scans to asses the damage, but it is odd if it's only started up now, maybe it is a sign that the nerve is regenerating? That can happen, I had my wisdom teeth out so I did a lot of research on nerve damage before hand.

The sensation must be rater frustrating and I guess you are worried something is wrong which is causing your anxiety.
    I guess if it is there all the time, you do have options! such as botox injections, lasts up to 3 months to freeze the muscle.

Ya that is my concern on why it has just started up now. That surgery was scary half my neck was cut open lol. But it was fine and nothing cancerous. But i think me thinking about it now has made them last all day in spans of minutes in between, before they would last a few mins but hours in between. Maybe 3 - 4 times a day, sometimes they contract really hard, but its located right to the left of my adams apple, the half side of my neck i had surgery on. Idk i am going to be gone in a few days for a couple of weeks so i doubt ill get to see a neuro before i leave or even my doctor for that matter :s Just wish they would stop already or knew what it was. Of course ive read of all the scary ALS or MLS stuff or whatever and hope its just something normal and ok and will pass eventually. Idk thou :S

Well more thank likely it is nothing, there's lots of not scary reasons for twitching, often they will disappear on their own just like when the showed up

I think you see a Neurologist

Thread Information